Senior Enterprise Architect, London
This is an ideal position for an experienced Enterprise Architect who understand the payments eco-system with a particular focus in Faster Payments.Summary of Role
- Manage the end-to-end architecture of the existing systems, particularly Faster Payments (FP), along with the boundaries and interactions within the ecosystem to ensure stability and resilience while meeting end user needs through promotion of competition.
- Be part of the governance for major design changes across Pay.UK (i.e. Rules and Standards, Data, Cyber, Product Development and Strategy) and Ecosystem Architecture.
- Assist the Senior Enterprise Architects in providing architectural advisory expertise internally, e.g. key change programmes of work, Ops, Assurance etc., and externally (to the wider market and innovation community).
- Maintain a good understanding of the end-to-end payments landscape combining insights and data internally across Pay.UK, stakeholder engagement and horizon scanning of the industry leveraging from internal and external market analytics capabilities.
- Facilitate the transparency of the ecosystem to the supplier market.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Develops and maintains the end-to-end payments enterprise architecture strategy and policy to support Pay.UK strategy.
- Develops and introduces a clear and transparent enterprise and solution architecture that integrates with the NPA and manages the interactions, rules, standards and processes across all Pay.UK managed services.
- Ensures that the resilience of the overall payments ecosystem is maintained through the appropriate application of design principles, rules and standards.
- Ensures designs are accessible and transparent to all stakeholders.
- Designs and manages Pay.UK enterprise architecture for each component owned and/or actively managed by Pay.UK including its role within and integration with the NPA.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the end-to-end payments landscape (both domestic and international) combining insights and data internally across Pay.UK, stakeholder engagement and horizon scanning of the industry leveraging from internal and external market analytics capabilities.
- Ensures enterprise data requirements are defined and consistent across the ecosystem, and conform to all relevant rules and standards.
- Develops and maintains Pay.UK operating framework required to ensure the stability of the end-to-end ecosystem working closely with Operations, Data Management, Assurance and Risk who will operationalise the framework across the different layers of the enterprise architecture.
- Contributes to the development of the payments ecosystem model.
- Assesses the fitness of the enterprise architecture and analyses potential future enhancements and innovations.
- Provides architectural advisory expertise internally to key change programmes of work, and other internal capabilities as required, e.g. Operations, Assurance, etc.
- Faster Payments Experience essential
- Software architectural design, development, integration, and testing
- Strategic development and execution
- Ability to act as a change agent and inspire others through conviction, vision, and the ability to formulate and articulate direction.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects or initiatives while maintaining attention to detail.
- Degree educated, or equivalent and relevant work experience. Professional qualification required, with strong understanding of the financial services and the payments industry.
Pay.UK maintains and develops the UK retail payment systems and standards that are core to the economy being able to function on a day-to-day basis.
From Bacs to Faster Payments and cheques - we act as the single operator for all UK retail payments. We put the needs of consumers and businesses at the heart of everything we do, working in the public interest to ensure that the systems the country relies on for its banking transactions are safe, open, innovative and resilient.
Our payment systems underpin the services that enable funds to be transferred between people and institutions. In 2018, the UK's retail payment systems processed 8.8 billion transactions worth £7 trillion through Bacs Direct Credit, Direct Debit, Faster Payments, and cheques.
Every day, individuals and businesses use the services we provide to get their salaries, pay their bills and make online and mobile banking payments. Our vision for the future is to enable a vibrant economy, with Pay.UK delivering the best-in-class payment infrastructure and standards for the benefit of consumers and businesses nationwide.