Breedon is a leading construction materials group in Great Britain and Ireland. We produce cement, aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, Welsh slate and specialist concrete and clay products, and offer a range of contracting services.
Our culture is rooted in sound business ethics and strong leadership. We have a tradition of commitment to excellence and hard work, constantly challenging ourselves to do better. And we recognise the importance of every colleague's contribution to the success of our business.
We want everyone in our company to succeed and be the best they can be. We want you to feel empowered to perform to the best of your ability. We'll encourage you to use your initiative, challenge the status quo, draw on your personal skills, helping us continually to change and adapt our business to keep up to date with best practice. In return, we'll work hard to make sure you feel valued, supported, motivated and rewarded for the difference you make. We'll give you first-class training, development support and mentoring to ensure you get the best out of your career with us.
Where possible, our policy is to promote our existing colleagues to new or vacated positions, so that as our business grows, so do our people. Breedon is an exciting and stimulating place to work, where new ideas are welcomed and personal and team successes are celebrated. From operatives, skilled trades, geologists, quarry managers and engineers, to finance, HR and business development, we all work together as a team to deliver what we're best known for in the market - outstanding customer service.The Opportunity
We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant/Paralegal based at Hope Cement Works, Hope Valley, or Breedon on the Hill, near Derby. The role will provide support to the company solicitor in relation to corporate, commercial and compliance matters, and the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Undertake legal research.
- Deal with claims and manage timescales.
- Support the businesses in relation to the management of complaints and develop/maintain a complaint register as well as draft responses as required.
- Negotiate, draft, and amend a range of commercial agreements including NDAs and customer & supplier contracts.
- Review, amend and update standard terms of sale and purchase, across a variety of goods and services, for the the whole business, across 4 legal jurisdictions.
- Take a role in supporting matters pertaining to share issues, mergers and acquisitions.
- Provide support to the acquisition team as and when required.
- Support the due diligence and disclosure process.
- Review and approve ancillary documents.
- Assist in drafting a wide range of compliance policies and procedures, including Data Protection, Bribery, Corruption, Competition Law and Share Dealing.
- Remain up to date in terms of legal developments and provide support across the business.
- Legal training in a commercial and/or corporate role.
- Mobile and flexible: whilst the role is predominately based in Hope, regular travel to the head office in Breedon on the Hill and wider businesses across the UK and Ireland will be required - own car is essential.
- Relevant experience in a professional environment.
- IT literate with experience of MS Word and letter writing.
- Excellent project management, organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation.
- High attention to detail.
- Trustworthy and able to ensure the highest level of confidentiality.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company's zero harm culture.
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience will be offered including pension and life assurance.
If you are interested in applying please contact our recruitment advisor, Tim Bates, who is assisting us with this recruitment. Tim can be contacted on 07384 547616 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.