We're a national law firm with a local reach. Our philosophy is 'Expert Hand, Human Touch' - something you'll find in the way we work with our clients and how we support our teams. But, we're more than just a law firm - we're a team, working together to help individuals and businesses navigate life's ups and downs.
Whichever team you join, working here you'll feel a part of our friendly and inclusive environment. We'll value you for who you are and what you bring. We support each other and push boundaries to achieve incredible things, and make a real difference to our clients and communities.
The work we do has been recognised in the awards we've won. We're committed to being even better, and our awards help to show we're on the right track.Our Team
Working as a Paralegal in our Chichester Tax, Trust and Estates team, you will assist the Team Leader and Partner in providing quality legal advice and other legal services to the firm's clients. You'll be confident processing client work allocated to you by your supervisor.Your Role
We are looking for a Paralegal who ideally has experience of working in a similar role previously. You'll be able to work quickly and accurately whilst also always giving excellent client care. Given the nature of the role, it's essential that you are an exceptional and confident communicator as you'll work as part of this highly respected team to assist clients and the firm's trust corporation to the highest of your ability.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and would like to join a friendly and well-respected team, we would love to hear from you.
The role will include:
- LPA preparation/EPA registration/COP applications - to take initial instructions from clients and to advise, after consultation with the Supervising Team Leader, on the legal action and all alternatives open to the client.
- To draft appropriate LPA/EPA registration forms/COP application forms and take forward applications.
- To keep the client informed as required by the firm's and department's set procedures.
- To reconcile bank statements received on Deputy/Attorney management matters for the Team.
- To arrange payment of invoices on Deputy/Attorney management matters for the Team.
- To run the files allocated in accordance with the firm's and department's set procedures.
What we'll need from you:
- Law degree, and ideally LPC
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively
- Empathy and compassion to help guide our clients through challenging personal circumstances
- A friendly, enthusiastic and can-do approach
We're proud of our values, and we're looking for people who share them:
- To be pioneering with an imaginative outlook
- To be approachable and caring
- To be tenacious in the pursuit of our objectives
- To be efficient in the provision of our services
- To work with a foundation of integrity.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to receive your application. What we can offer you
- 25 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy additional leave
- Two fundraising days in a year to give back to the community (fully paid!)
- Westfield Health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services
We also offer a huge number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace as well as flexible working options to ensure that you are fully supported to work the way that best suits you. Our social responsibility programme is fundamental to who we are. We're committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where our colleagues can flourish. We have a range of groups to celebrate our people across sexuality, disability, age, gender and culture. Additional Information
As part of the Irwin Mitchell Group's on-boarding process all successful applicants are required to complete the group's employment screening process. This process helps to ensure that all new employees meet our standards in relation to honesty and integrity therefore protecting the interests of the Group, existing employees, clients, partners and other stakeholders.
Depending on the role you apply for we may carry out checks that will establish your eligibility to work in the UK, and criminal record check and financial checks with a credit reference agency will also be undertaken.
The employment screening process will fully comply with Data Protection and other applicable laws.