Global Decision Analytics (GDA) is a strong growth business for Experian, that has experienced rapid growth, generating $1.2 Billion in annual revenue in FY20. The business line is core to Experian's strategic plans and a critical element of its growth ambitions now and in the future.
Currently comprised of three main product lines, GDA uses the latest in advanced analytics to help businesses build and protect trusted relationships with customers. Decision Analytics achieves this in a number of ways, whether that be through business intelligence and strategy to turn complex data into actionable insight or through fraud compliance and management to minimize fraud losses while preserving the customer experience.
GDA is the only global product line and occupies a market leading position in Experian's main regions across a multitude of industry verticals - notably in financial services, telecommunications and public sector. GDA is split between three divisions; Decisioning, Identity & Fraud and Analytics.Job Description
As a Sr. UX Designer you will be working on advanced Enterprise software solutions to help protect consumers and businesses from fraud crimes and identity theft. Experian has very powerful, award-winning, sophisticated technologies that successfully stop fraud and identity theft, and is looking to add first-class design to these products and become best in class for the industry.
You will be responsible for the initial and ongoing design of a new flagship product across multiple personas. Through research and user studies you'll identify true user needs and objectives and synthesize them into personas and other actionable findings to share with Product Management and Engineering teams. You'll combine this evidenced-based approach with creative problem solving, design experience and intuition to establish a design foundation for a lengthy and flexible product lifetime. As design continues to grow in this area of Experian, you'll be key in providing education and rationale for your design decisions and helping other team members understand design processes, methodologies and impact. You'll work with, and provide feedback for, an emerging global Design System, lead from the same office. You'll work with many customer representatives, subject matter experts and informed teams to establish user relationships and validate your designs prior, during and after engineering efforts. You'll own the face of these backend services and make a significant impact on how they are offered to customers. You should work well in a culture where design is young, the domain is sophisticated, and leadership (from you) is needed.Responsibilities
QualificationsExperience & Qualifications
- Conduct regular user studies and determine if features and designs are meeting true needs
- Craft actionable reports and findings such as journeys, storyboards, models, flows, IA and personas and help others understand how design decisions relate to these findings
- Work with Product, Engineering, Customer Service and SMEs to refine product requirements
- Solve customer problems as a team
- Integrate design processes and methodologies into existing product development practices through training, education and collaboration
- Design within technical and business constraints
- Design within established brand & product guidelines
- Iteratively design and test wireframes and mockups in various levels of resolution
- Create solutions that scale and maintain integrity over time as the product matures and evolves
- Optimize products by monitoring metrics and testing alternative solutions
- Advocate and be a voice for the user
- Organize complexity into beautiful solutions
What Do We OfferAdditional Information
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Interaction Design, UX, Psychology or similar field
- Experience solving challenging design problems with digital products
- Conducting and synthesizing user research
- Excellent understanding of user research methods, design fundamentals, and digital technologies (constraints & capabilities)
- Must be a leader and provide consistent guidance and vision for 6-12 month development cycles
- Must be an excellent follower and discern when to lead and when to follow
- Works effectively in teams of differing and opposing perspectives, doesn't get emotional over decisions and can defend position with clarity and poise
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; ability to organize and present information on screen and verbally with a team
- Enjoys solving difficult and sophisticated design problems in an enterprise environment
- Efficient with design & industry tools
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Fantastic learning and career development opportunities in a fast-growth and truly dynamic FTSE Top-100 business.
- Exposure to advanced technology and superb training; Experian has been listed in the worlds Top-100 Most Innovative Companies for 5 years running!
- Extensive benefits including bonus, share options scheme, generous pension and life assurance, 25 days holiday with 8-day buy/sell as well as a huge array of wider benefits and services.
- A positive, collegial, supportive and family focussed culture with well-being at it's core and focus on flexibility and work-life balance.
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, religion, citizenship, age, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veterans, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.