Hi, we're Hippo!
We're a digital service design consultancy who work closely with our clients to create digital products and services that work for everyone.
People are at the centre of everything we do. We support and grow the people we work with and come together as a community to solve problems.
We take a common sense approach to getting things done. We do not abide by dogma. We get things wrong and that's ok. We learn from it and adapt. We stay curious and never stop learning.About The Role
Do you enjoy working collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams? Do you have great consultancy skills, caring about your client's needs and motivations? Are you a self-starter and able to motivate others?
Well, we are looking for a highly skilled and capable Developer to join us on a permanent basis, so keep reading
What you will do
- Produce software for Hippo and our clients - front-end, back-end, platform, we do it all, but you don't need to be an expert in it all
- Create web applications used by public and staff - this includes researching with members of the public to understand their needs
- Work within an agile, collaborative, multidisciplinary team
- Prototype new functionality prior to committed development
- Utilise the latest standards and approaches to solving problems
- Build great relationships with your team and stakeholders
- Work with the Hippo community to share best practice to ensure high standards
- Have experience of delivering end-user facing digital services for a wide range of user groups
- Be able to articulate complex technical problems and approaches to a wider audience
- Previous exposure to user centred product development
- Enjoy working collaboratively with your team and experts
- Be comfortable working in rapid sprint cycles
- Minimum of two years of experience
- Have great consultancy skills, caring about your client's needs and motivations