Part of the Alvest group, world leaders in Aircraft Ground Support Equipment (GSE), Powervamp design and develop a range of high-performance power systems for the Aviation, Marine and Military markets with a global client base.
Powervamp is looking to recruit a highly experienced, innovative and enthusiastic Senior Expert Engineer in Power Electronics to design and develop electronic power systems for the Aviation Ground Support Sector.
Working as part of the Engineering & R&D team you will be responsible for new concepts, design, simulation, testing of electronic power systems, initial design specification, production implementation and post-implementation support. Your passion for electronics will keep you abreast of technological developments within power electronics directly influencing future product design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate conceptual designs based on technical specifications for inverter and rectifier design (including physical layout), circuit simulation and optimisation.
• Convert conceptual designs to working prototypes.
• Support new product introduction.
• Assist in the building of prototype power electronics and control systems and testing to verify simulation.
• Participate in the creation of functional specifications and test procedures.
• Identify opportunities for improvements in product functionality and manufacture.
• To review, update, alter or redesign existing products
• Minimum degree qualified BEng/BSc Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
• 5 years experience in Electronic Design ideally with high-power inverters, rectifiers and/or DC-DC converters using semi-conductor devices (I.e., EV Design etc.)
• Broad electronic hardware (analogue and digital) design skills with Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers
• Simulation experience using software such as PSpice, MATLAB etc.
• Strong communication and teamwork abilities
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work alone
WHAT'S ON OFFER
• 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Holidays
• Competitive rates of pay
• Annual performance bonus
• Company contributory pension scheme