Based in central London this well-known FMCG company has been a household name since 1877. With a presence in over 100 countries, it is a world leader.
This role of Data Engineer will see you join a newly established London business acceleration team and will see you working with global offices around the world. The Data Engineer will report to the VP of Advanced Analytics and work closely with the data insights and science teams.
The aim of the Business Acceleration team's goal is to drive digital transformation and pave the way for innovation.
This role will allow you to have a blend of working from home and working In their brand new office located near Farringdon. As the Data Engineer you will:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Lead governance and culture across the Advanced Analytics division.
- Source collected data by constructing a data pipeline structuring available information, developing an optimal structure of storage, transfer, and provision of data.
- Find new data sources to supplement collected data and integrate the data pipeline.
- Manage incoming data by merging, linking, and structuring various data systems.
- Perform cleaning operations on raw data, obtaining an efficient data interface and presentation.
- Perform high-quality checks on the cleaned data, ensuring proper structure and quality of finalized data.
- Support data scientists in data collection, management, and analyses requiring specific capabilities.
- Support other stakeholders in the company, who would benefit from data management or another engineer technical support.
- Computer Science degree (BSc or MSc) or related discipline.
- Experience using Python, Scala, Java, and multiple database technologies
- Experience in software engineering best practices (such as code reviews, testing frameworks, maintainability, and readability) and complex clean-ups and integrations of data.
- Experience in building and managing data pipelines in the commercial world.
- Ability to work across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, extracting information and identifying linkages across the disparate data set.
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 days bank holiday
- A competitive salary + annual bonus
- Working from home and working from the office.
- Private medical
- The ability to work in a team with a transformation mindset
To apply for the role of Data Engineer please apply directly and a consultant will be in touch.