ThreatConnect, Inc. provides cybersecurity software that reduces complexity for everyone, makes decision making easy by turning intelligence into action, and integrates processes and technologies to continually strengthen defenses and drive down risk. Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security leadership, risk, security operations, threat intelligence, and incident response), ThreatConnect's decision and operational support platform is the only solution available today with cyber risk quantification, intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in one. To learn more, please visit www.threatconnect.com.
We offer a competitive benefits package with comprehensive insurance coverage, paid time off, and unique perks designed to help you meet your financial and personal goals.
We are committed to offering an employment experience and benefits package that enables you and your family to grow with us and to share in our success. We love to recognize our employees who have gone above and beyond, and offer incentives like quarterly awards, an employee bonus and referral program, and team-building outings.Job Description
We are growing our security sales engineering team looking for an experienced Senior Sales Engineer who has a passion to seek out and solve problems, translate the complex into simple, and be the authority on all things pertaining to risk, threat and response.
Solutions Engineers at ThreatConnect are customer-facing individuals who develop customized solutions using our platform and guide customers through the implementation, to accomplish value and develop champions. By becoming a trusted advisor, you will continue to build strong technical relationships and solve customer challenges. You will work with product, engineering, marketing, distribution, procurement, and legal teams to create unparalleled value for our customers and partners.Responsibilities
- Own the technical sale by guiding prospects through the technical decision-making process
- Follow sales engineering best practices to develop a clear understanding of the customer's business and people practices, capture customer needs, requirements, and the customer's desired future state
- Master how to sell company products: from high-level introductory pitches through technical deep dives - and know how to gracefully maneuver back-and-forth
- Educate customers on the technical capabilities/features of the ThreatConnect platform and Risk/Threat Analysis best practices
- Deliver compelling, well researched, and targeted demonstrations that show how ThreatConnect can solve problems, address the customer's requirements, and deliver the desired future state of the business
- Lead successful proof of value/proof of concepts exercises to demonstrate use cases that solve a customers' specific requirements and ensure alignment
- Act as an interface between the sales organization and Product/Engineering/Customer Success/Marketing teams to provide continuous feedback on customer requirements, corporate roadmaps, and resolve technical issues
- Build, maintain and grow partner relationships with key stakeholders
- Technically represent ThreatConnect with C-level customers on regularly
- You think of the user first. You believe in a fundamentally user-centered and reality-based approach to UX design. You understand what makes an experience good or bad. On that foundation is where you build the beauty and flair you add to all of your designs.
- You love solving problems. Designing for you isn't just about the end product, but it's about the journey. Thinking through business strategy and melding it with user research is as fundamental to the process for you as creating wireframes and mockups.
- You are collaborative. You're a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You display a positive attitude, are open, and enjoy contributing.
- You're a natural leader. No matter where you find yourself, others tend to gather around you, leading to encouragement and mentoring.
- Design is your passion. It doesn't just provide a paycheck; you are genuinely interested in what you do and the impact that it has on others.
In this role you'll get to...
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to risk quantification, threat intelligence, and security operations and orchestrations and articulate at all customer levels, from engineer to CIO, the value proposition of the platform
- Provide hands-on technical demonstrations and lead deep-dive discussions with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of the ThreatConnect platform throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Provide design consultation, best practices, and mentorship for implementation during the pre-sales process for strategic opportunities, including proof of value/proof of concept
- Build comprehensive and complex solutions within the ThreatConnect platform, often using Java and Python
- Lead conversations about trends and emerging changes to the threat and risk security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning for when building a threat intelligence, security operations, and incident response team
- Maintain a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position ThreatConnect in relation to them
- Act as a conduit for customer feedback to Product Management, Engineering, and Technical Marketing to create requirements and deliver product features for our customers
- Communicate with a global sales engineering team to provide ongoing customer and technical product updates to ensure team collaboration
1-3-6-12 Month PlanIn the first month we'll expect you to...
At 3 months we'll expect you to...
- Get onboarded and train with your supervisor
- Get acclimated into the role
- Understand the company, the vision, tools, and different stakeholders
- Understand the top Use Cases
- Deliver a high-level demo of RQ and ThreatConnect
At 6 months we'll expect you to...
- Lead a technical sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to close, around the top company use cases
- Convey simplicity when demonstrating the ThreatConnect platform
At 12 months we'll expect you to...
- Create and demonstrate more complex and customized content to solve customer's unique needs
About The Team
- Lead technical customer workshops that are centered around our corporate use cases
Our Sales Engineering team is a small global team of enthusiastic, hardworking engineers who thrive on meeting with customers, solving problems, collaborating, and communicating to ensure ongoing communication. Even though we're located all over the globe, it feels like we're all in the same office. We have weekly Monday morning meetings to catch up and share information, get company updates, review Gong calls and practice ad hoc speaking on various features within the platform. Then we have bi-weekly technical training on a variety of topics to keep our technical skills honed.Requirements
- 3-5 years of pre-sales experience in the network security industry
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline OR equivalent experience
- Experience as a Security Architect, Sales Engineer, Presales Engineer, or Solutions Architect
- Strong security industry knowledge, especially around threat intelligence, security orchestration and automation (SOAR), and Risk Quantification (FAIR knowledge)
- Understanding and experience with threat intelligence, risk quantification, data analytics, and cloud technology
- Strong working knowledge of Windows/Linux administration, configuration & networking
- Be able to configure and troubleshoot Java and Python application environments.
- Experience in working with VMs - building, maintaining, managing proof of concepts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with senior executives
- Exceptional written communication
- This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of ThreatConnect products and solutions
- Some overnight travel throughout the region is required
- Understand and be conversant about ThreatConnect competitors, their solutions, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- 23 days of paid time off plus public holidays
- Global health insurance through United Healthcare
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Income protection
Managed by Staffer (www.staffer.cc)
Powered by JazzHR