Spencer Scott are working with a globally recognised Online Technology Company who are seeking a Database Administrator with a flare for modern technology and a DevOps Centric mindset around automation.
The successful Database Administrator will have a passion for administering database systems and automating deployment processes.
As part of the Company's Data Operations Business Unit, the Database Administrator who lands this role will be a part of a team which manages on-premise and cloud-based operational databases, as well as real-time streaming services and overall responsibility for the security of the Company's databases. Skills & Attributes:
- Experience in database systems like IBM DB2, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience in PL/SQL or a scripting language that can be used for generating processes to handle data archiving and removing.
- Proficient in optimising SQL queries to support high operational workloads.
- Strong Linux user with knowledge of cloud and modern data concepts with practical experience.
- Good understanding of security principles, with respect to data management
- Knowledge in maintaining code via Source Control version tools such as GIT.
- Understanding of cloud technologies such as AWS or GCP in implementing cloud-native systems and/or rebuilding an existing system on the cloud as required.
- Willing to learn management of production environments with infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Ability to automate installations of database software using automation.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into processes.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a Technology Company who put their people at the heart of everything they do - somewhere which promotes a modern approach and an organisation who genuinely cares about and invests in their people through world class training and education programmes!
The role will be based from the Company's London office although 60-80% of the time the role can be fulfilled remotely. On offer is a basic salary of up to £65,000 as well as various Company benefits. In addition, comes various Company benefits including a 10% Annual Bonus and private health / dental insurance.
If you're interested in learning more about this fantastic Database Administrator opportunity please click the Apply button I will personally be in touch with all successful applicants within 24 hours of your application.
Spencer Scott Ltd is an equal opportunity Recruitment Agency, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to create inclusive working environments for all our clients.