Source Bioscience is an international genetic analysis, diagnostics and stability storage business serving the global research and healthcare markets. We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly working culture that gives driven individuals the environment to succeed in an ever-evolving and developing organisation.
Our employees are committed, dedicated and thrive on the day-to-day challenges that working in a fast-paced environment brings.
We are seeking a Finance Assistant - Purchase Ledger for our brilliant, expending finance team.
Reporting to one of our Management Accountants , you will be fully accountable for the whole purchase ledger process, from purchase orders through to invoices and reconciliation. You will provide an indispensable service to the finance team and the business, underpinning the wider financial stability of the business through robust processes and systems.
The main duties of the Purchase Ledger Financial Assistant include matching and coding invoices, preparing and running BACS payments, reconciling supplier statements and resolving issues with supplier accounts receivable contacts. The Purchase Ledger Financial Assistant works as part of the finance team, but will be able to work independently as well.
The role of a Purchase Ledger Financial Assistant is to provide a professional and efficient service to the finance function and business, monitoring how much is owed at all times and providing accurate financial information to finance and business as needed.
· Identifying and collating supplier invoices
· Confirming or obtaining approval for invoices
· Uploading invoices onto NAV
· Matching, checking and coding invoices
· Proposing supplier payments, setting up and making payments via BACS
· Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
· Reviewing purchase ledgers
· Reconciliation of supplier statements
· Maintaining accounting records
· Managing petty cash
· Being first point of contact for all purchase ledger enquiries
· Maintaining strong relationships with external suppliers and the internal purchasing team
· Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary
· Other activities that their line manager requests as required
The Ideal Candidate:
· Excellent communication skills
· Solid team working skills
· Self-disciplined and efficient, with a flexible and proactive nature
· Experienced in Excel and Microsoft office packages
· Knowledge of software packages of NAV and BACS
· Demonstrable experience of bookkeeping
· Ability to work to deadlines
Salary £20,000 - £23,000 plus benefits