Brand new role for a new dealership - Hyundai Cambridge
We require a new team member to assist the current team in performing accounting tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of sales ledger and purchase ledger invoices, statements, bank reconciliations, month-end reconciliations and journals.
We use automated systems and up to date technology in all our applications.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Bank reconciliation.
- Responsibility for the dealership accounts function
- Process and check payment requests.
- Reconcile payments & receipts.
- Prepare accounting reports for the Finance Director.
- Provide assistance to the group accounting function with month-end trial balance reconciliations
- Monitor accounts and ensure payments are up to date.
- Ensure the fixed asset register is accurate and maintained.
- File maintenance.
- Correspond with customers and suppliers as required.
Education and experience:
The required qualifications, necessary knowledge and practical experience to perform the job.
- 3+ years of general accounting experience.
- Good knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Understanding of computer applications.
The competencies skills and abilities that an employee must have to successfully perform the job.
- Organising and prioritising skills.
- Excellent numeracy and financial skills.
- Good general computer literacy.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Methodical approach.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
The successful Candidate will:
- Hold a Full Clean Driving Licence and have driven for over 2 years as working at other sites occasionally may be required.
- Be organised and have a good understanding of the latest technology
- Be used to emailing and using computer systems and software
- Be fit to work
John Banks Group are a Top 200 Automotive Retail Group within the UK with over 9 locations throughout East Anglia and have been trading since 1974 with over 120 staff employed throughout the growing group so you will be working with the best around should you wish to join us.
We offer all our employees great working conditions with benefits including Cycle To Work Scheme, Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme, optional healthcare programmes, colleague discounts on products and services, life assurance.
Holiday - 20 Days per annum plus Bank Holidays rising to 25 days with longevity of Service
Hours of Work - Monday to Friday 8.30 to 17.00