Junior - Trade Flow Support Engineer | Permanent | London and WFH | Financial Services
My Client, a leading investment management firm are seeking a new addition to join their highly talented team within the Technology Operations department, to Manage global trading platform readiness: pre-trading & post-trading. Continuously having Intensive interaction with trading community, back-office operations, brokers, exchanges, development and infrastructure teams to provide monitoring and support for end-to-end transaction flow across the trading platform. Quickly identify, analyse and correct alerts & issues and/or escalate to minimize trade flow impact and pre-empt outages. manage Incidents by creating and sending reports.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience to qualify for this position, however, there will be immediate training and development given over the first 12 months of this role to ensure you are getting the support you need to be a success and help set you in the direction towards your next career goal.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject
· Commercial work experience in trade flow support applications
· Proficient in Linux OS- Understanding of Orgs and Complex Grabs
· Proficiency with Bash and a scripting language such as Python or Perl
· FIX Protocol - how to read logs and what tags mean
· SQL - basic queries, joins and calcs
• Familiarity with Kdb+ is a plus
• Working knowledge with TCP/IP, multicast, tcpdump, clocking (PTP, NTP) - a plus
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if this is a match to your career aspirations and you would like to find out more. We are eager to hear from you.
Send a CV across to email@example.com please include a best time to call and a contact number.