J. Barbour & Sons Ltd founded in 1894 is a British lifestyle brand, home to the iconic wax jacket we design, manufacture and market stylish functional clothing and footwear for men, women and children inspired by the unique values of the British countryside. We are the proud holder of three Royal warrants and remain true to our core values as a fifth-generation family business. Barbour is sold in over 40 countries worldwide, including Europe, the US and Japan but we have our headquarters and roots firmly located in the North East of England. Position Overview:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Helpdesk Analyst to join our IT team based at Barbour House, South Shields. This role will provide 1st and 2nd line support through the IT Helpdesk to all Barbour employees across multiple sites and locations, where possible providing a first-time fix. You will provide Windows and Apple Mac desktop support, configuring mobile devices and technology as well as setting up new hardware and preparing new desktop and laptop computers.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Providing 1st / 2nd line support for all IT and technology systems globally.
- Responding to employee issues via the IT ticketing system and managing incidents through to resolution.
- Dealing with advanced problem analysis and investigation.
- Keeping up to date with the latest hardware/software and technology.
- Promoting continuous improvement and best practice within the department.
- Ensuring software is managed in accordance with applicable licensing terms.
- Maintenance and support of all hardware, including computers and printers.
- Deliver training to new users.
- Communicating effectively with Barbour employees via email, telephone and via the IT helpdesk system directly.
- Some network troubleshooting and configuration of network devices.
- Configuration, installation and maintenance of Anti-virus and other endpoint security software.
- Configuration, installation, and maintenance of Windows and OSX based systems and their applications.
- Communicate system outages to the wider business where it is business affecting.
- Work alongside service providers and vendors.
- Operating systems: A good knowledge of Server, desktop, and mobile operating systems (up to current versions) Both Windows and Apple OSX, iOS.
- Active Directory, Microsoft servers features and roles, (IIS, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Detailed Knowledge of common software and cloud applications: e.g., Microsoft 365, Outlook and MS Teams, Anti-Virus and security endpoints, management tools.
- Desktop hardware: Knowledge of desktop and mobile devices, servers and storage, audio and visual hardware, conferencing technology. PC and OSX imaging, hardware upgrades.
- Good grasp of IP networking, Network security, Wireless infrastructure, and performance monitoring / troubleshooting.
- Comfortable with physical networking hardware and components, ethernet, switches, VLANS, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Competent trouble-shooter with excellent diagnostic skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Experience of helpdesk ticketing systems, ticket management and reporting.
- Excellent communicator.
- Discretionary Company bonus scheme
- Staff discount
- Staff shop
- Healthcare cash plan
- 25 days holiday as standard increasing with length of service plus bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised canteen
In the event that a sufficient volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.