Company DescriptionCompany DescriptionWe are Together
- Proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Established in 1974, we employ over 600 colleagues.
A specialist lender offering a range of mortgage and secured loan products to individuals and businesses, who are typically underserved by mainstream lenders. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities which make our customers' financial ambitions accessible.
Over 47 years of successful trading has positioned Together
as a market leader, thanks to a common-sense approach to lending.
Together is a business that never stands still, providing an exciting place to work for individuals who deliver to a high-standard and embrace change.
We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.Job Description
Competitive Salary plus bonus and benefits.Job Purpose
This is a hands on technical role requiring a detailed understanding of evolving threat trends and the technical ability to detect, analyse and respond to threats to our organisation, using a range of next generation security tooling.Key Accountabilities
- Act as first responder to security alerts.
- Perform regular threat hunting across the organisation.
- Continually develop, tune and refine SIEM alerts and user, endpoint and network behavioral models to improve threat detection.
- Create and maintain security dashboards, reports and metrics.
- Perform root cause analysis of security incidents and participate in post-incident reviews to provide practical recommendations for improving the organisation's threat detection and incident response capabilities and overall security posture.
- Perform malware analysis and digital forensics where appropriate.
- Identify, assess and track infrastructure and software vulnerabilities and escalate to the appropriate teams for remediation.
- Identify opportunities for process automation and standardise threat detection and remediation procedures to facilitate SOAR implementation.
- Provide recommendations to the cyber security engineers for security control improvements.
- Develop scripts or tools to improve common activity efficiency.
- Ensure skills and knowledge are maintained through attending conferences, training courses, certification, ingesting security research and threat reports and practicing in lab environments.
- Share knowledge with and cross-train other members of the cyber security team.
QualificationsEssential Skills And Experience
Nice To Have Skills And Experience
- Thorough understanding of adversarial tactics, techniques and procedures.
- The ability to contextualise, categorise and prioritise security events, incidents and alerts.
- Experience of threat hunting, intrusion detection, incident response, packet capture analysis and malware analysis.
- Knowledge of infrastructure, cloud, virtualisation and network concepts and technologies, particularly in a Microsoft-centric environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mindset in order to spot and investigate anomalous behavior.
- Experience with security tool sets (SIEM, EDR, NDR etc.)
- Demonstrable passion and enthusiasm for security, including the ability to keep current with the latest threats, technologies and trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical security issues to both non-security and non-technical stakeholders.
- The ability to work closely and collaboratively with Cyber Security, IT and other teams as well as independently.
- Experience working within a regulated environment
- Experience following change management and similar ITIL best practice
Additional InformationAdditional Information
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 24 days holiday plus your Birthday - entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
- please note that all successful applicants will undergo relevant employment reference, financial and criminal record checks.