Streetbees is building the world's first platform to understand human behaviour and decision making. We make human data accessible, anywhere in the world by connecting brands with real people on the ground to gather real-time in-the-moment insights at scale. We distil this data using machine learning technology to give our clients a clear vision of what their customers want next - supporting the growth of their business.
Having recently raised a $40M Series B investment led by Lakestar with participation from Atomico and Local Globe, our client roster is equally impressive. We work with the Unilever, Mars, PepsiCo, L'Oreal, McKinsey, Deloitte, Nestle, Deliveroo, Uber and the BBC to name just a few.
The Data Processing Manager is responsible for ensuring all processing workstreams progress smoothly with all data processed on time and to high standards. The Data Processing Manager is supported in these tasks through the deployment of external resources, managing outsourced partners and a pool of freelancers. The Data Processing Manager will be further supported in their day to day responsibilities by a team of four remote leads who can be directed as needed to carry out additional tasks. Sitting within the Data Success Team as part of the Operations Department, the Data Processing Manager will report into the Data Success Lead. There will be a high number of additional internal stakeholders the Data Processing Manager will engage with including the Client Success and Data Deployment teams.
To be successful in this role, the Data Processing Manager will need to be laser focused on quality and timeliness of delivery, have a strong grasp of the status of each deliverable and a deep understanding of each client project. As the sole individual responsible for vendor management in Operations, they will need to ensure all SLAs in place with third parties and contractors are respected and adhered to. They will need excellent data analysis skills to understand the performance of the team and high levels of communications skills as they will be the main point of contact for all training and feedback of the external teams.Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure the main data processing workstreams happens in a timely and accurate manner
- Approvals: For all user responses to surveys, these must be reviewed for relevance, legitimacy and overall quality of response
- Coding: As responses are approved for use, the open text and image answers are categorised according to predetermined taxonomies
- Subtitling: Where answers include videos, these are transcribed into English
- Train, manage and review the performance of all external teams
- Maintain all training collateral and ensure it is up to date
- Run all training sessions for new external partners
- Perform regular audits of external teams, addressing underperformance at the earliest opportunity
- Manage a remote team of four leads and an external team of over 100 freelancers for day to day processing
- Direct the workflow of four leads who largely oversee the freelancers
- Set weekly/monthly/quarterly objectives for the lead team
- Scale the freelancer team as required
- Manage the B2B relationships for all external providers and vendors
- Act as the main point of contact for all enquiries, such as in regards to output quality, deadlines, invoicing, etc.
- Deliver feedback for all quality related issues, including regular weekly sessions and prioritising ad hoc where necessary
- Handle all invoicing queries, cross referencing volumes as required
- Spearhead RFPs for new suppliers as and when required
- Communicate timelines and set expectations internally and externally
- Ensure all external teams are clear on deadlines and quality expectations
- Communicate across internal teams in regards to above as required
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of performance data
- Confirm SLAs are consistently met, stepping in to course correct as needed
- Produce regular reports for the Data Success Lead
- Own the KPI reporting of the sub-department
- Update all weekly metrics, notifying the Data Success Lead of peaks/troughs, investigating deeper as required
BenefitsAt Streetbees, your company benefits will include:
- At least three years vendor management experience
- Experience managing remote teams
- Experience in resource allocation
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management skills
- Highly organised with strong prioritisation skills
- Focused on quality and outcomes
- Keen eye for detail
- Proactive attitude
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Analytical mindset
- Able to delegate work as required
- Comfortable working independently / as part of a team
- High level of Excel proficiency
- Basic SQL understanding
- Proficient with Google Suite applications
- A 24-day paid holiday allowance with the option to rollover up to 3 days per year
- Option to choose between a Mac or a PC (we will send this out to via courier a few days before you join!)
- Flexible working hours - we trust people to manage their time and to focus on wider results; We now operate on a rota basis so people have access to the office when they desire some social interaction with their team or, simply, a break from home. We have taken every precaution to keep COVID-19 secure. The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance.
- A pension scheme - our new pension scheme means that Streetbees will start paying a percentage of your salary towards your pension.
- The Streetbees Lifestyle Committee - any employee will have the opportunity to plan and manage a variety of Streetbees funded socials and activities for the team. Socials and day outs can involve anything from rock climbing or bowling to company meals or pub crawls.
- Friday Lunch - We all come together for lunch every Friday with a different cuisine each week, paid by the company. Vegetarian and vegan options always provided.
- Office Food - Breakfast is on us every morning and if you need a coffee or a snack at any point throughout the day, please be our guest.
- Friday Catch-ups - Beers, wine, soft drinks and snacks provided as we celebrate the week's successes and welcome newcomers.
- Paid volunteering days - one day per quarter with a registered charity of your choice.
- Audible subscriptions - the company is more than happy to pay for audio-books subscriptions of your choice on Amazon as we encourage wider and continued learning among our team.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yoga - We have Yoga every Tuesday at 6:30pm, both in the office and live on Zoom so you can join in anywhere you like.
- Free drinks in the office!