A unique opportunity for an experienced Unity developer to work at one of the leading AI companies in the video game industry. Full-time on-site position with options for remote and flexible working. Start date: immediate
Are you interested in joining a close-knit team working on one of the foremost technologies in the videogame industry today? Our middleware Kythera is the most advanced AI solution on the market. We work side by side with studios, ranging from independent to AAA, to support the development of their title and AI features.
We are looking to employ a new member of staff to join our development team to develop and maintain the C# and Unity integrations of our C++-based game AI middleware.
You must be a highly skilled and experienced programmer who can demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving, understanding of low-level programming and performance concerns, and the ability to provide technical leadership.
If selected, you may expect to take responsibility for the development of our C# integration and to work on a variety of projects on Unity and proprietary engines using C#. We work alongside a range of studios developing games that include ARPGs, tactical first-person shooters, survival sandboxes, and more across the majority of platforms.
Kythera AI is an engine-agnostic, platform-agnostic C++ library. For each engine that we support we need to build an integration layer, which exposes Kythera's features and capability to the engine. You will be working to build a new integration with the Unity engine, as well as working with partners to integrate Kythera AI with proprietary C# game engines. As part of this role, you will also be expected to work with our team to update and maintain our C# integration, bringing in new features as they are developed while maintaining the high standards of performance and optimization we apply to our C++ codebase.
In continually extending and improving the capabilities of our product, you will continually be pushing the boundaries of expectations in the industry, reflected in our clients' high-profile games.
If you are interested in developing the cutting edge of video game technology, engaging with a wide range of projects and clients from all over the world, and working with a team that prioritizes wellbeing, then please send us an application.
AI middleware for games, primarily targeting the Lumberyard and Unreal engines. We are looking for an experienced C# and C++ developer who would like to focus on developing and maintaining Unity and C# integrations of our C++-based game AI middleware.
You should be a focussed and self-managing individual who would enjoy working as part of a team in solving practical issues for our clients.
Your duties will include:
- Designing and developing Unity and C# integrations for the Kythera library
- Writing tests and documentation
- Investigating and resolving bugs and performance issues
- Supporting more junior team members
- Working closely with customers to develop features to fit their needs, resolve their problems, and assist in integrating and making the most out of Kythera
- Prioritizing, planning, and working effectively to deadlines
- Sharing relevant knowledge to the team through documentation and discussion
- Reviewing code and provide technical input in design
- Helping to manage and build relationships with industry partners
Experience that will aid success:
- Proven experience working with the Unity engine
- High-performance C#
- High-performance C++
- Good math skills up to A-level / Scottish Higher or above, in particular vectors and trigonometry
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Profiling and optimization
- Supporting customers
- Visual Studio development
- C#/C++ interop
- Experience in AI development
- Video game development
- iOS, Linux, Android, or games console development
Why work at Kythera AI?
- Flexible, accommodating work structure when you need it
- Tight-knit team
- No crunch culture
- An emphasis on both mental and physical wellbeing in the workplace
- Varied and exciting projects
- Lots of exciting social events
- Two-way communicative management
- Access to training
- Opportunity to travel with work
Helping you achieve your potential is a priority!
At Kythera AI, we are committed to providing a safe, innovative, and inspiring working environment for every member of staff. Diverse backgrounds lead to better technology, more efficient development, and better decision-making and management. So if you are from an under-represented group, we strongly encourage you to apply! To learn more about what we are doing to improve inclusion and representation please read our equality, diversity and inclusion statement (https://www.kythera.ai/equality-diversity-and-inclusion).
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for one of our roles we need you to send us:
- A brief explanation of why you are interested
- Your CV
- Your availability
Send us the material all together in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will get back to you to explain the next steps or to give brief feedback on your application.
Start date: immediate