Location: LondonSalary: Competitive
A private equity backed consumer goods business with exceptional recent growth is seeking a Finance Director to be responsible for supporting the continued growth of the business through the provision of commercial support and insight. The FD will also be accountable for the development of a future best in class finance function, and for the provision of timely and accurate financial information within the company and externally, and for overseeing and developing key aspects of HR, I.T, and Supply Chain.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor performance against company targets and drive profitability.
- Act as business partner to various internal stakeholders - Sales & Marketing Director, Operations Director, Founders etc.
- Ensure the continual development of finance systems, reporting, management packs, and KPIs.
- Take over responsibility for the management of the internal Finance team ensuring the continual development of the finance structure to meet the changing demands of the scaling business.
- The provision of value adding financial information and KPIS to internal stakeholders and Investors.
- Provide decision support and financial advice on key projects/initiatives - establishing within new territories, expanding further into wholesale, and a range of ad hoc projects.
- Partnering with the business to drive margins.
- Critically assess and analyse product sales, promotions, supplier costs, pricing, etc.
- Developing a thorough understanding of underlying business processes - providing proactive advice on improving them and thus driving profitability.
- Preparation and presentation of the monthly Board pack.
- Management of annual budgeting and forecasting throughout the year (4+8, 6+6 etc).
- Preparation of annual and long-term financial plans, aligned to strategic objectives.
- Ensure robust financial controls and efficient processes are in place and maintained.
- Responsible for scoping and implementing new systems - With the assistance of external providers
- Supporting the Operations Director and MD in the management and development of supply chain processes, controls, reporting and systems, as well as in sourcing new supply chain partners.
- Management of aspects of HR (Payroll, liaising with legal advisors, etc) and I.T (Finance systems, I.T equipment, etc) for the business.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent with significant post qualification experience within industry.
- Strong preference for someone with experience working within a branded FMCG production business as well as a business backed by private equity.
- Strong commercial acumen and business partnering skills.
- Interest in supply chain, stock and forecasting to support the Operations team
- Significant experience of all aspects of finance - both commercial and technical.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively in relation to problem solving.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Natural gravitas and drive.