As one of Scotland's leading Fintech companies, Beeks Group are looking to hire three full-time experienced Network Support Engineers. You will be part of a team of technical experts managing the Beeks Financial Cloud networks and be responsible for assisting with the technical delivery of all Beeks customers and network services.
It's an amazing time to join the Beeks Group and you'd be supported by a rapidly growing workforce alongside our Development, Virtulisation, Operations, Procurement and Finance members. Some of the duties involved are:
Key Results / Objectives:
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Design Team to ensure that we maintain high service levels and uptime for all clients.
- Liaise with internal/external customers to understand technical requirements and resolve issues as quickly as possible and with minimum customer impact
- Work as part of a 24x7shift rota in line with business requirements
- Provision new services for Beeks customers (servers, firewalls, GRE tunnels, etc)
- Follow change control procedures and submit/defend changes at the weekly Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Investigate and diagnose network related incidents reported by customers, and liaise with transit providers/cross connect peers if necessary.
- Analyse and upgrade network resources where required. This includes router/switch upgrades, uplink upgrades, provisioning new point of presence locations.
- Deploy and maintain BGP sessions on trading, WAN and public network infrastructure.
- Manage the upstream traffic commit to make sure the bandwidth overage charges are minimised
- Maintain uptime for the Beeks network.
- Respond to customer queries in a timely manner adhering to contracted SLAs.
- Minimise unplanned outages by following change control procedures.
- Manage incidents where applicable and liaise with affected clients until fully resolved
- Keep abreast of new technologies and maintain continuous professional development in line with company aims.
- Juniper Hardware and Software
- Linux IPtables
- Arista Switches
- Windows Server 2012 onwards
- Centos7+ installations
- Network Routing Protocols
· Degree in Networking or in appropriate related subject Compensation & Rewards:
The benefits you can expect at Beeks Group include:
This is a Full-Time role based in the Beeks Offices, Hillington, Glasgow (as and when restrictions are lifted). We do not offer any visa sponsorship for this position We are an Equal opportunity employer.
- A competitive salary
- Car Allowance
- Unique Share Options Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Holidays - 31 days per year + Christmas Day and New Years Day
- Flexible working
- Group Life Cover
- Enhanced maternity cover