Backend Developer (PHP) - Remote
At Gophr we aim to bring transparency and automation to the logistic sector. We empower couriers with best-in-class software to deliver customer experiences that cannot be matched by any other delivery network. Following our successful Series A, we are looking to grow our engineering team and are looking for a Backend Developer to join us.
When joining Gophr as Backend Developer you will become part of a team who:
- Was ranked as #15 on UK Technology Fast 50 index 2020,
- Became profitable not losing our startup culture,
- Has closed £4 mln Series A investment in Dec 2020 to speed up the growth even further.
As the Backend Developer you will:
- Be part of an Agile team responsible for Gophr back office, APIs and automation,
- Developing high-performance application running on a scalable cloud platform,
- Unit test your own code and do peer reviews
You will be able to choose between one of the 2 teams:
- Automation/Endpoints team focused on our back office app and automation where you can prove your algorithmic skills or contribute to our 200+ internal APIs developed for our frontend apps,
- Backend Integration Team specialised in customer-side API integrations working hand in hand with many developers from multiple well known brands. You will become their 1st point of contact for Gophr integration, implementing our part of it. It will also allow you to become an expert of multiple e-commerce platforms once developing various plugins to connect with them.
To be successful as the Backend Developer you will need:
- Experience working with PHP and any PHP-based MVC framework (Zend, Symfony, Laravel, Code Igniter),
- Experience working in an Agile environment,
- Knowledge and understanding of testing modern PHP code
It's an excellent opportunity for a Backend Developer looking to step into a role with more autonomy and responsibility. As the team continues to grow you will have excellent opportunities for progression into technical leadership with a brand that champions transparency and collaboration.