As an Infrastructure Automation Engineer you will be responsible for providing technical direction for the ongoing development of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and automation initiatives.
You will assist in the design, support and maintenance of IaC automation and configuration management systems including appropriate source control and orchestration tools and applications.
Collaborating with the cross platform engineering teams including DevOps, SysOps and NetOps, you will build process driven automation across complex infrastructure systems at scale.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused Company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges.
This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company's hybrid working from home policy.Preferred Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies including Public and Hybrid Cloud.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of automation and tooling platforms such as Ansible, Terraform and Jenkins.
- Good working knowledge and experience of IaC and DevOps tools, concepts and practices.
- Previous experience working in a release, deployment and automation function.
- Experience with multiple scripting languages inlcuding Python, Ruby, PowerShell and Groovy.
- Ability to articulate and deliver quality documentation and process design artifacts.
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Supporting and maintaining the technology stack used in our Infrastructure automation platforms.
- Reviewing manual processes and design automation incorporating technology standards, re-engineering and delivering greater efficiency.
- Conforming to best practices to ensure automated components are designed and implemented to a high standard.
- Identifying and documenting automation solutions to replace and improve on existing processes.
- Developing, troubleshooting and supporting orchestration workflows and layers.
- Working with other Infrastructure teams to build automated solutions using the most appropriate automation platform and toolset.
- Conforming security requirements, version control and Infrastructure SDLC processes.
- Applying active governance around overall design, quality, and technical standards.
- Identifying technology advancements including evaluating emerging technologies.
- Promoting the Infrastructure teams and standards by developing relationships with other team members and senior stakeholders within the business.