We are currently recruiting for a Leveraged Finance Analyst
IAFD is a leading participant in the European leveraged loan market, with a strong reputation, broad access to new deal flow and a substantial balance sheet dedicated to the asset class.
The Asset Management team executes Acquisition Finance transactions as a participant / investor for Private Equity and Corporate clients. The team also proactively manages IAFD's loan portfolio mainly consisting of leveraged loans across a variety of sectors. As well as managing over $4bn of loans on the balance sheet the team also manages 4 funds with over $1.1bn of AUM on behalf of third party investors through their fast growing managed account platform (Stratum).
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated, highly numerate individual with a customer centric mindset. A solid foundation in credit skills and proficient at financial modelling and sensitivity analysis are also essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively manage own portfolio of LBO deals including Agency roles as required. Identify any underperforming assets early and provide recommendations on strategy to senior management.
- Liaise with clients, credit and other syndicate banks.
- Provide day-to-day control and support for new investments in LBO and Corporate Cross-Over deals.
- Assist in all aspects of the deal process: including financial modelling, credit & legal analysis, and presentations to relevant committees and deal administration.
- Develop/strengthen relationships with key portfolio clients.
- Work closely with middle and back office(s) to ensure accurate and timely booking and ongoing management of loan facilities. As well as other compliance processes.
- Provide credit and operational support to Stratum vehicles (Managed Account Platform).
- Provide general support to other team members where required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in the European Leveraged Finance market or similar credit related area.
- Demonstrates strong communication and presentational skills.
- Highly numerical and capable of building and using cash flow model
- Credit skills with exposure to a wide range of business sectors across all relevant European jurisdictions
- CFA qualification is recommended
We offer equal employment opportunities to all, promote diversity and inclusion and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind, including on the grounds of gender, nationality, race, age, ethnic origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA, i.e. those who require a Tier 2 (General) visa, we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA, in line with UK Government legislation.
- Technical understanding of the market
- Strong communication, motivation and flexibility
- Ability to remain calm and balanced under pressure
- Sound and effective judgement
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Capacity to multi-task