We are looking for fantastic Frontend Engineers to help us deliver a world class insurance platform which is the driving force behind our business!How We've Built Our Platform
How We've Built The UI
- The engineering team have recently rebuilt our insurance platform into an event-driven microservices architecture, heavily influenced by Domain-Driven Design.
- The platform is fully cloud-native and hosted in AWS, and our developers own all levels of our stacks, including the infrastructure.
- It uses consumer-driven contracts to set the expectations of how our microservices communicate.
- Our team develops and maintains the UI layer. We have a lot of autonomy to choose the approach that works the best for our team.
- We use RxJS and functional reactive programming throughout.
- It's comprehensively-tested. We write unit tests, browser-based integration tests, and microservice consumer contract tests.\
As a Frontend Engineer, you will...
- Know good software and functional programming principles and approaches like Clean Code and TDD;
- Have a proven track record of success in delivering software;
- Be able to articulate project requirements into working software with a high level of quality, flexibility, and robustness;
- Demonstrate experience in all areas of the software development lifecycle, including those associated with the Cloud computer era;
- Support the growth of others, including mentoring junior developers, helping everyone improve their abilities;
- Highlight areas of improvement within the team and the codebase, and act on them proactively.
You won't find suits here, we run a relaxed, fun, open and honest environment, with trust and professionalism a must. We also understand the value of work / life balance, and all our team members enjoy flexible working hours and working from home.Requirements
- Modern JS, TypeScript, React, RxJS, Node, Mocha, Express, Enzyme
- Clean code and functional applications
- HTTP based APIs
- Events and Data
- Distributed and microservice topologies
- DevOps philosophy
- Practical, Pragmatic, LEAN solutions.
Research tells us that some candidates are put off from applying because they cannot tick every box. If you think you can help, and you really want to join our growing and exciting business you should apply, even if you are not a complete match with the above. Feel free to contact us about any questions with no obligation.Benefits
- Fruit, breakfast, and drinks provided
- Social events through the year
- Private medical cover with Vitality
- Travel season ticket loan
- Access to selected London O2 events and use of a Private Lounge.