I'm recruiting a Technical Author to join a world-leading manufacturer of high-value capital equipment based in Cambridge, who have been commissioned by an organisation in the Nuclear sector to build a bespoke piece of machinery.
The end client for this project is a well-known government-owned Nuclear organisation based in Reading, and we are ideally looking for someone who has experience with this specific organisation.
- Fully remote, 6-month Part-time contract
- The structure of the working week will be flexible
- Rate is £40-£60 p/h
- Outside IR35
- Collaborate with the project team to clarify any technical issues
- Generate high-quality documents
- Ensure all work prepared is fit for purpose
- Review of documents generated by others
- Collate and create the final master for delivery in physical or digital forms
- Maintain adherence to company best practice and procedures as both author and checker
- Preferable experience from highly regulated industries such as Nuclear or Defence
- Experience reading and extracting information from highly technical documentation
- Technical authoring, with experience in obtaining client approval within a highly regulated industry
- Experience of working within document control, change control and checking/reviewing procedures.