Originally founded in 1962, Worcester became part of the Worldwide Bosch Group in 1996 and we are the UK market leader in domestic boilers.
Our current product range includes gas and oil boilers, hot water cylinders, renewable technologies such as heat pumps and solar water heating systems, as well as controls and accessories.
Our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing over the last 50 years, has led our boilers to receive coveted Which? Best Buy awards for nine years running, and for Worcester to receive a Royal Warrant for supplying our boilers to Her Majesty The Queen's Sandringham Estate.
Our UK headquarters is based in Worcester where all the main functions of the business are located including the manufacturing of gas boilers. We have a further site in Clay Cross Derbyshire where our oil boilers are manufactured.Job Description
- Month end close in financial accounting - no management accounting
- Monthly cashflow forecasting
- Checking VAT transactions (ensuring where corrections required these are followed up)
- Checking manual sales invoices prior to processing for AR (checking if VAT is correct)
- Preparation of patent box data for onward submission to consultants
- Assisting financial accountant with corporation tax work (where applicable) and R&D tax credits when required
- Provision of data for controlling department (net working capital, annual budget submissions for finance part)
- Providing support for Global Service Centre for Accounting (payables, receivables and general ledger) including attending daily meetings
- Conducting monitoring procedures for processing done by local accountants. Assisting other areas of the business with advice on monitoring procedures when required
- Testing for SAP upgrades in test environment
- Support for internal customer IT projects as required by division (testing, understanding changes and the effect they will have on the accounts, communicating these changes to management)
- Assisting finance manager with requests for Company auditors for Interim and Year end. Preparing schedules for checking prior to submission
- Preparation and completion of statutory accounts templates.
- Must be qualified accountant
- Must have experience of working on all areas of accounting in an operational setting
- Ideally will have SAP knowledge and reasonable excel skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communication at all levels within the organisation and with external service providers
- Excellent attention to detail, understanding importance of reconciliations to ledger for completeness
Additional InformationDeadline for Applications: Friday 17th September 2021