is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We're the specialist's specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.Informa's Divisions IncludeInforma Connect
, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.Informa Intelligence
, providing digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.Informa Markets
, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.Informa Tech
, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.Taylor & Francis,
specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.Global Support
is Informa's sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.Group Technology Overview
Group Technology is a central technology function sitting within Informa's Global Support division. It manages, supports and delivers technology services for all Informa divisions. Responsibilities include Architecture, Product Platform Delivery, Programme and project delivery, Infrastructure, Application support and development, Security Operations and Service Management.
Under a new Group Technology leadership team, we are looking to improve maturity across all technical capabilities to help grow and thrive into the future. At the heart of that goal is the need to embark on a transformational journey to deliver a step change across our systems, culture and ways of working to support the strategic aspirations of the Group - as we pivot from being a predominantly face to face business and leverage the strength of our brands in an omnichannel and digital environment.
As such, Group Technology is embarking on a clear roadmap for the modernisation of legacy services whilst developing new platforms, solutions and techniques that transform the department into an enabler of reliable, scalable and secure services that support Informa's digital agenda and diverse customer landscape.
Informa Intelligence, part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group, provides data, intelligence and insight to clients globally. Informa Intelligence has 2500 staff in 60 locations across the globe with significant coverage in the USA and a large central London UK office. We have over 100 product lines spanning four key industry verticals: Pharma, Finance, Transportation and Industry & Infrastructure with dynamic and evolving plans to significantly grow the portfolio of products and customers.
- Informa Intelligence are looking to appoint a Sitecore Developer on a permanent basis. The role will be working from home during COVID-19 with a view to be office based in Central London in the future.
Job DescriptionJob Purpose
The Sitecore Developer will be required to understand the business requirements, provide development estimates, create low level technical design and build Sitecore functional / non-functional components; Oversee and implement templates, Layouts, Sub layouts, Sitecore content delivery for .NET environment. Defines best practices, establish standardsWhat will I be doing?In This Role You Will Be Expected To
- Completes technical analysis, design, coding and testing for development and support initiatives.
- Uses standard patterns and practices to implement scalable, high performance application frameworks for enterprise application
- Estimate effort for implementation of Sitecore designs.
- Design and implement templates & layouts for Multi-site, Multilingual, and Multichannel scenarios.
- Design and Implement all schema types including metadata/parameter schemas.
- Create and deploy medium/high complexity layouts and templates using MVC.
- Develop Page and Data Templates Sitecore &.NET and/or XSL templates using XSLT.
- Design, develop and debug templates with Template builder.
- Develop and configure workflows
- Develop and customise WFFM and other modules from marketplace
- Implement security configuration using groups, roles and permissions.
- Diagnose and solve common problems related to Sitecore implementation.
- Support sizing, capacity planning and non-functional requirement specification, benchmarking and recommendations for Sitecore solutions.
- Oversee installation, configuration and tuning of Sitecore in .NET environment.
- Design and implement integrated / automated translation solutions for multi-lingual solutions using translation manager integrated with Sitecore or other external translation environments.
- Define best practices, development standards to manage performance and scalability of the CMS/CDS
- Provide inputs and direction to other internal and vendor developers on the team for design and implementation.
QualificationsSkills And Experience
Preferred Knowledge And Experience
- Overall 8+ years of ASP.NET C# MVC/Web Forms application development experience of which at least 3+ years of experience in implementing websites using Sitecore CMS (preferably v 9+)
- Sitecore developer certification is a must have
- Experience with solutions implementing Helix principles is a must have
- Experience with JSS / SXA is preferred
- Experience with Sitecore 9.x + is preferred
- Expert level knowledge of Sitecore related plug-ins and third-party integrations
- Experience with Sitecore WFFM & Marketing control panel, Sitecore analytics, Personalization, A/B testing, Geo IP
- Experience with Glass Mapper and TDS
- Experience with RESTful Web Services design and implementation
- Experience with automated unit testing frameworks and techniques
- Familiar with source control and continuous integration practices and tools, e.g. Bitbucket, Jenkins /Team City, Octopus Deploy, Sitecore Courier
- Experience in SOLR integration, development, and configuration
- Experience in SQL Server and relational data models
- Experience with Agile methodologies & tools (Jira / Confluence etc.)
- Exposure to Azure PaaS and Container frameworks is a nice to have and AWS Sitecore experience is a must have
- Experience with migrating content in and out of Sitecore implementations
- Experience with Sitecore commerce is a nice to have
- A can-do attitude, solutions focused
Additional InformationWhy work for Informa?
- Learning and Development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Fabulous new office at Blackfriars with views across London, an onsite gym and restaurant, and a variety of amenities nearby
- Get to work with market-leading products across the Lloyd's List group of services
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule - please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.