Prima is an Italian tech company that has been disrupting the car insurance industry since its launch in 2015. We now boast over 1 million active clients and achieved a € 100 million investment from Goldman Sachs and Blackstone in 2018, the largest in Italian tech history. Prima is launching in the UK this year, which is why we are looking for top talents to join our London-based team.
Our vision is to become the UK's best car insurance provider, and we believe that a major component to achieve this will be state of the art graphical user interfaces, tailored to seamlessly aid our customers on their journey for better insurance satisfaction.
It is for this reason that we are searching for developers that take pride in delivering top quality products, artisans of software; out-of-the-box thinkers and problem solvers who also place utmost importance in collaboration with others. Our FE applications are built using cutting-edge tools on top of the React ecosystem, as we value its battle tested efficiency and malleability. In the same manner, we expect our developers to be able to adapt to the frantic changes in conditions that the web is subject to on a regular basis.
Specifically, you will take care of:
- Develop and maintain the graphical interfaces that comprise our website, single page applications, mobile applications and component libraries
- Collaborate with other designers and developers to achieve a stylish and functional design system that communicates the vision of Prima
- Fully integrate our GUIs with internal and external APIs
- Pro-actively research upcoming web and mobile design trends and technologies and evaluate for adoption
- Be able to iterate on and improve our FE environments for building, development and deploying
You are our ideal candidate if you meet the following requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, as well as W3C standards
- A good eye for design and understanding of what constitutes an intuitive user experience
- Strong experience in contributing effectively to all SDLC activities, from requirements to development, test automation, monitoring and incident response
- Great experience with React.js
- Good knowledge of Webpack and Node
- Familiarity with Git
- Competence with graphic design tooling (such as Sketch) and web design experience
In addition to the basic requirements, we will carefully evaluate these characteristics:
- Experience with software testing (unit, functional, integration, end to end)
- Some experience or interest in BE development or Rust
- Familiarity with functional languages such as Elm, Elixir or Haskell
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Good grasp of the contrasting approaches taken by object oriented and functional programming paradigms
- Familiarity with concepts of (Functional) Reactive Programming
Here's what we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Private Healthcare Cover
- Competitive Pension
- Unlimited training budget
- Plenty of Fresh Fruit and healthy snacks
- Fully stocked Drinks fridge
- Functional Kitchen
- Passionate and friendly team
- Tech start up vibe
- Hands on training and mentoring
We are looking for permanent hires for our new, centrally located London office: 71-73 Carter Lane, London, EC4V 5EQ. Flexible working arrangements, where preferable, can be discussed with the hiring manager.
Prima UK is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by English laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Prima UK makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.