- London, England, United Kingdom
Our mission is to empower consumers to make more confident home services, insurance and financial decisions. With our unique set of brands we have the best of both worlds; the excitement of a startup and the strength of well established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch.com is the UK's top comparison website for home services switching, helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Confused.com is the longest-running insurance comparison platform in the UK, pioneering the way consumers make choices about financial services.
- Money.co.uk is one of the UK's leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Rastreator.com and LeLynx.fr are leading online comparison platforms in Spain and France respectively, helping consumers compare a range of financial services and home services products.
We have the power to reach millions of consumers around the world, solving everyday complex problems through outstanding experiences.The Role
The Multi Product App team owns the Uswitch Mobile App. The team is on a mission to make the best bill management solution in the market, and help save consumers time and money managing their bills.
The app is built on React Native for both iOS and Android and distributed on the App Store and Google Play Store respectively. The team needs dedicated mobile app engineers to build on and improve the current feature set of the app, as well as any essential maintenance and BAU.
The current focus for the team is testing engaging experiences which provide simple ways for users to manage and optimise their household bills. Current and upcoming projects include open banking integration to automatically populate a user's bills and a series of experiments to understand what bill management features are most impactful to our users.
Specific work activities include
RequirementsThe things we look for in you
- Writing the mobile app UI code, including automated tests where appropriate
- Consulting with UX/UI designers on best practices and defining the user interface
- Ensuring quality of code and an appropriate level of testing of releases
- Managing the release process, including the app review process with Apple
- Working with the other engineers to identify changes to existing APIs, or to define new APIs as necessary.
BenefitsWhat we'll give back to you
- Hands-on experience with React Native, building apps for both iOS and Android
- Experience in releasing apps on the App Store and Google Play Store
- Awareness of best practices on each platform and the differences
- Comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy in a small team and managing your own time effectively
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- Excellent maternity, paternity and adoption leave policy, for those key moments in your life
- Health insurance
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks