SEIMAF UK is currently looking for a PDMS Cable Tray Designer to join us through the Hinkley Point C Nuclear Project, one of the largest projects in Europe.
If you are looking to join an ambitious company, keep reading! 1. MAIN ACTIVITIES
The PDMS Cable Tray Designer is responsible for providing site engineering support on MEH activities and components, on Equipment and on associated Design Packages once they have arrived on-site.
The PDMS Cable Tray Designer will be managing all technical engineering activities.
The execution designer is embedded in the JDO Designer Team and participate to these activities:
- Main cable tray installation drawings
- Main cable tray support manufacturing drawings
- List of quantities: trays and supports components (including accessories and hardware).
- Above ground earthing installation drawings
- Detailed list of Plant and Materials to be Earthed
- List of quantities: Earthing components (as copper cables, accessories and hardware).
Supporting the construction of the two EPR's on the project by the provision of timely responses to RFI's, TQ's, FCR's and NCR's raised by the building and erection contractors relating to the cable tray discipline. Activities required to be undertaken in order to respond to these queries will include, but are not limited to the following:
2. EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Coordinating all required stakeholder input in order to provide a response to the query raised. The response should be constructive and be aimed at proactive technical problem solving.
- Assessing, listing and communicating any impact of the site change on the cable tray and layout design.
- Producing and checking technical assessment solutions, complete with the provision of any supporting justification required.
- Producing and checking documents (technical notes, drawings, etc.).
- Liaising with the execution design back-office(s) or manufacturing fabrication shops as required.
- Site surveys to assess issues and also to validate solutions.
- PDMS experience with at least 3 years of experience in General Installation (piping, HVAC, electrical...), ideally in the Nuclear Industry.
- Experience in electrical installation design for a Nuclear Power Plant or related "Highly Regulated" Industry - at least 3 years of experience.
- Cable tray and related accessories manufacturing experience.
- Design coordination and onsite experience.
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of RCC-E code.
- French language.
*Please notice, if you do not meet the essential requirements, you will not be considered for the position.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we cannot offer individual feedback to all applicant
*Salary according to profile and experience.