Mirador Analytics is a UK and North American-based healthcare analytics consultancy, supporting organisations working in healthcare to ensure the privacy of individuals is protected through sufficient levels of data de-identification. Mirador aims to achieve high levels of privacy for individuals while maximising data utility to allow for innovation, efficiency, and development in healthcare. The company is dynamic, fast growing and delivers expertise in a unique space within the data industry. The company has a close-knit culture with an environment that encourages discussion and collaborative thinking to deliver solutions to our clients and the industry. We offer excellent working conditions and benefits with opportunities for international travel and self-development. The company is based in the village of Melrose (Scottish Borders) and employs a mix of local, national, and international individuals to deliver to our global clientèle.
Mirador Analytics requires an enthusiastic and scrupulous data quality analyst to join our growing team, which interrogates and assesses client information in terms of the re-identification risk to patients. The data quality analyst's main responsibilities are to perform initial checks on client data uploaded to our cloud based (AWS) storage facilities; establishing alignment to provided data schema (layouts),and identifying discrepancies. This is a key role which will involve working closely with the project management team, providing information which is essential for effective project coordination. The role can be carried out working at home, in the office, or a mix.
Qualifications and Experience
You will have a relevant university degree or higher degree with analogous experience in other commercial/service organizations.
- Skilled in the manipulation, integration, processing and interrogation of large datasets.
- Expertise in the navigation of file systems using the command line.
- Good communication skills.
- Well-developed time management skills and demonstrable experience of prioritising work to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to work both part of a team and independently.
- Effective working while adhering to company security and privacy protocols.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services cloud-based storage and computing facilities.
- Bash scripting skills.