Database Lead Rate - £475 per day - 6 month contract - Remote working (90%)Opportunity:
A leading FTSE-250 financial organisation is currently hiring a Database Lead (SQL) on a 6-month contract basis paying up to £475 per day INSIDE IR 35 offering 90% - 95% remote working. The chosen Database Lead (SQL) must have strong database development capabilities in ETL/Data Warehousing/MI or application development projects. Additionally, you must have experience of SQL Server 2016+, T-SQL, Full BI (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) and PowerShell.
The chosen Database Lead (SQL) will build, maintain and manage a team capable of delivering the data operations needs of our client's management information teams and other stakeholders, ensuring the team is right-sized, motivated and focused on key goals and SLAs.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will join a highly reputable financial organisation that can offer a diverse working environment. Our client offers a clear career pathway, so you can continue to grow and develop. Key Responsibilities:
Core experience for this position:
- Plan and implement all database creation/deletion/configuration in line with agreed change policies, implement SaaS-based technology where appropriate. Maintain, develop and enhance the core data flows and databases critical to our clients MI requirements employing accurate and robust ETL processes
- Taking ownership of progress projects and delivering through from concept to production. Work with developers on continuous integration
- Responsible for the end-to-end implementation including operational support, resource planning, reporting, identifying deployment issues, and bottlenecks and leading and motivating the SQL Team.
- Provide technical and procedural expertise to the team ensuring that the developers fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Where required review all technical input into new projects and initiatives where appropriate.
- Collaborate in delivery with Third Parties; ensure consistent standards are maintained at all times.
- Write technical designs and documents to include documenting the company's database environment
- Ensure that you fully understand and comply with the organisation's Risk Management Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you put customers at the heart of everything you do.
Rate - £475 per day - 6-month contract - Remote workingDatabase Lead
- Regulated environment experience (Finance or Insurance)
- Technical management experience of SQL / DBA's professionals
- Strong capabilities in ETL / Data Warehousing / MI or Application Development
- Strong SQL and T-SQL capabilities
- Experience in Managing a SaaS estate with SQL Availability groups, SQL Clustering, HA
- Strong reporting capabilities utilising SSRS, SSIS or SSAS
- Exposure to Power BI
- Cloud (Azure, AWS)