PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To lead the development of software solutions for Online and Internal Applications ensuring they are delivered to meet the business plan timescales, functional requirements, resource assumptions, and quality expectations. To lead and develop the ESL Software Development team to deliver best in class solutions and applications.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage the team to:
- Work closely with the management team to understand the business requirements for projects, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes.
- Recruit train, develop and coach a small team of Software Engineers to deliver
- software development projects
- Manage and execute the full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Understand, identify and define best practices, working with the CTOI and IT Manager to agree the future roadmap
- Deliver the systems and solutions implementation including requirements analysis, conceptual and detailed design, support development, configuration, testing and change management.
- Deliver the solution design, functional design, business processes and delivery / integration.
- Ensure solutions are implemented as designed, and to the correct standards and quality.
- Demonstrate and talk through examples of projects where they have delved into customer's problem, established the impact on client processes
- Identify all areas of risk, including Architectural, Technical and Security, and manage them with the co-operation of the appropriate stakeholders, defining appropriate work to address these or escalate as necessary
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (REACT, Angular, Blazer)
- Understanding of software and application design and architecture
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Demonstrate and explain examples of projects where they have understood a customer's problem and established the impact on client processes
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field