A Leading multinational blue chip giant in Windsor have a fantastic opportunity for a Release Manager to join them for an initial 4 month contract. The Release Manager will have proven experience of delivering planning sessions and this must be clearly outlined in the CV when applying. Location
: Windsor/Work From Home splitDuration
: 4 Months initiallyDay Rate:
Competitive Umbrella RateWorking Hours
: Due to the nature of the role working out of normal office hours is expected as standard.Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven experience of managing the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release and infrastructure changes
- Proven in engaging with project managers, technical teams and suppliers to create approach and integrated plans, building in durations, dependencies, impacts and required outages
- Must have exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Senior level stakeholder management is important and will lead by example
- Accomplished process management experience
- Must be used to working unsociable hours as per project requirements
- Manage the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release and infrastructure changes, ensuring effective integration across the estate
- Hold walk-throughs and 'dress rehearsals' where necessary to measure timings and validate the plans, book resources and raise changes
- Manage go/no go criteria including test outcomes, execute plans through real-time orchestration of technical teams, manage checkpoints and ensure systems are fully restored for our customers Communicate progress to stakeholders throughout the events through regular updates and hotline messages, ensure post-release support is in place and conduct post implementation reviews
- Plan, coordinate and deliver infrastructure environments to meet projects' non-functional requirements, ensuring configuration meets relevant security and operational standards
- Ensure that changes are recorded, evaluated, authorised, prioritised, planned, tested, implemented, documented and reviewed effectively
- Incorporate reversion points and other measures to manage risk and proactively address operational issues to restore services within SLA
- Build effective relationships with virtual teams and other stakeholders, managing expectations and inspiring confidence in delivery
- Define, apply and improve release and infrastructure management policies, procedures and governance, in line with industry best practice.
This great opportunity is being offered on an Umbrella basis, no LTD companies can be utilised.
- Process-driven, structured and analytical approach
- Strong negotiator and facilitator, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to produce and manage detailed implementation plans
- Ability to engage, build and sustain effective relationships
- Ability to manage and motivate virtual teams
If you think you have the experience please apply with your CV right now for swift consideration!
If you have not heard from us within the next 72 hours your application has been unsuccessful, and we will be in touch when suitable opportunities arise.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.