are exclusively partnering with a listed and growing organisation in the pharmaceutical and biotech space to identify a US qualified CPA (
to join their London head office. This role could additionally be based on the East Coast of the US, if a UK based candidate is considering a relocation back to the US.
The role offers significant opportunity for ongoing remote working and the wider chance to be part of a growing business. This would be underpinned by the successful candidates prior public company experience in a corporate accounting role with exposure to financial audits with strong technical accounting skills (US GAAP knowledge is key combined IFRS knowledge is preferred).Key responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the wider finance team plan, own and drive the financial statement close process (monthly/quarterly/annual) enabling accurate and timely accounting closes under US GAAP and IFRS.
- Assist with customization of accounting system and address operational issues to enhance business process and internal controls.
- Support and adhere to strong internal control policies and procedures and identify areas where improvements can be made.
- Perform necessary close activities to enable robust financial records (e.g., accrual preparation, support with payments processing, and corporate credit card)
- Work closely with the Controller and Manager of Financial Reporting and Compliance to improve, automate, and document accounting processes.
- Oversee critical accounting areas such as: revenue recognition, accruals, share based payments including fair value of stock options, volatility calculation, and oversight of financial accountants.
- With the Sr Manager of Financial Reporting and Compliance, identify and manage technical topics, including lease accounting, stock-compensation, significant contracts/license agreements, revenue recognition, etc.
To be considered you will be / have:
- A US qualified CPA (NB: this is a prerequisite however a CPA coupled with any other UK orientated qualifications will be considered) with prior track record of financial reporting within a corporate, or audit environment in practice (either / or)
- Strong technical accounting skills (US GAAP knowledge is key combined IFRS knowledge is preferred)
- Hands on experience understanding of S404 SOX compliance (ideal)
- Results focussed with a proven ability to meet tight group reporting timelines.
- Experience of supporting large scale capital projects