The Adecco Group is the world's leading HR solutions company. We believe in making the future work for everyone, and every day enable more than 3.5 million careers.
We skill, develop, and hire talent in 60 countries, enabling organisations to embrace the future of work. As a Fortune Global 500 company, we lead by example, creating shared value that fuels economies and builds better societies.
Our culture of inclusivity, entrepreneurship and teamwork empowers our 34,000 employees. We are proud to have been consistently ranked one of the 'World's Best Workplaces' by Great Place to Work®. The Role:
We are looking for someone to join our IT Team as Quality Assurance Manager. You'll be working with the team and our Senior Stakeholders on integrations and System changes, responding to the business needs and making sure our software and tools are fit for purpose.
The Ideal candidate would be someone with Quality Assurance experience, who wants to transition into a Manager role.What would be your responsibilities?
To be successful in the role you will have
- Working within an agile team, manage and execute the day-to-day activities of system, integration, performance and UAT test phases for software changes
- Develop and document the test cases and scenarios required for that quality assurance exercise
- Provide support and guidance along with estimation to all testing phases and ensure all testing processes and procedures are being adhered to
- Validate testing completed and provide sign off aligned with business sign off
- Clearly document and detail any defects such that these can be understood by other parties and resolved in a timely fashion
- Coordinate defect fixes with other members of the team
- To prioritise on an ongoing basis the current list of issues so that the escalation of issues is controlled
- Help develop the thinking on forward looking quality assurance strategies and how we automate testing and integrate it into the software development lifecycle
What's in it for you?
- Experience as Quality Assurance / testing experience
- Excellent understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Experience of working in agile teams for software delivery
- Experience with test processes for defect logging and information capture
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- University degree preferably in a business or technical subject or any comparable education
- Knowledge of software test methodologies
- Either an ISEB / ISQTB Qualification or equivalent
From AI to the gig economy, the world of work is changing quickly. But for us, it's not about following change, it's about predicting it and being a positive influence in shaping the future of work.
You can help us do it. Together we help hundreds of thousands of organisations with their talent needs and enable millions of people develop their skills and exceed their potential. Every day, our work helps empower people, boost economies, and provide value to society. You can be a part of this amazing story too.
We believe in talent, not labels. As a people business, our expertise and energy are always going into improving everyone's chances of being part of the world of work. Our people are at the core of our business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive culture for everyone to feel supported in their day-to-day work and during their development throughout their career. We seek to foster a culture of belonging and purpose, an environment where everyone can thrive and feel engaged, and where difference is respected and valued. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunity regardless of, for example, your gender, age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We also engage with employers to develop programmes and pathways that embrace diverse talent and promote more inclusive employment worldwide through partnerships and other initiatives. We recognise and celebrate the value of difference and how it makes us faster, smarter and more innovative.