Avantia is a fast-paced, private equity owned business. We provide home insurance directly to online consumers and are the number one brand in complex home insurance in the UK. Our vision is to deliver the world's most intelligent property insurance. We are making great strides in achieving this by developing a rating engine and machine learning platform that rapidly adapts to new data sources, enabling risk and retail price optimization. We have the richest collection of home insurance claim and quote data in the market and combined with our machine learning algorithms, our performance improves daily, enabling us to put even more blue sky between us and the competition.
As the saying goes, we're small but perfectly formed, in that we're a diverse group of industry professionals, technologists, data scientists and customer champions. We each bring our individual expertise, an appetite for innovation and a shared ambition to do something extraordinary. And, although each week brings new challenges, every week we work as a team to meet them.
Our values should give you a sense of our culture, these are not just words on walls, they are a genuine reflection of how we strive to operateAdventurous
Wethink big. We try new things. We are always curious.Agile
We change. We innovate. We find a way through.Empowered
We trust each other. We work together. We are a small team doing big things.
Working in a fast-paced environment where change happens regularly is part and parcel of the business. But there is also lots of opportunity to enjoy your time outside of work and helping to achieve the right balance for you, is really important to us.
Interested? Read on to find out more about joining our team...Key Responsibilities
You will be responsible for
- Applying underwriting referral policy terms within authority limit to customers during the first point of contact, completing the referral over the phone with the customer directly.
- Where first contact is not made ensuring you take responsible for contacting all customers back with policy terms or providing a response to their query.
- Understanding business and customer requirements, manually applying terms/adjusting premiums/apply excesses [within authority limit] and communicating the proposed policy adjustments directly to the customer in a timely manner, ensuring the customer fully understand the terms of the policy and the rationale for these adjustments.
- Completing escalated operational tasks required on individual cases, for example; non-disclosures, web-referral call backs, terms agreed and customer chasing where necessary via telephone, SMS and email.
- Analysing referral trends and highlighting call failure demand or potential improvements to the customer experience, escalating to line management where appropriate.
- Continuous self-development and on the job training to achieve a higher level of authority. Working with the Customer Service, Renewals and Sales Teams to educate, upskill and empower them to resolve all calls within their remit on first contact.
- Clinical attention-to-detail.
- Sharing your knowledge and expertise by dealing with complex cases and supporting Customer service, Sales and Renewal Rescue to meet business requirements.
- Participating in team meetings by suggesting improvements in underwriting, operations, product, process and procedure.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviours, body language to our customers and your peers by displaying empathy and patience at all times.
- Previous underwriting experience preferably working in an insurer/MGA environment would be desirable.
- You should be highly numerate with excellent analytical / Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills in explaining, both to customers and internal stakeholders the interpretation of policy wordings, underwriting and pricing decisions.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritise workloads and accommodate the demands of a busy and ever changing business to meet deadlines.
- Positive, resilient, confident and ability to engage and form strong relationships with both team members and key stakeholders.
- The ability to adapt and react to change in a challenging environment.
- Ability to understand risk and in particular, what risks are material and non-material.
- Proven record of delivery of operational KPIs and regulatory targets.
- Customer focused with an excellent telephone manner.
- Strong sales, Renewal Rescue and Customer Service experience.
We think we have a great company culture and welcome new team members with open arms. We also offer an attractive range of benefits, including
- Opportunities to focus on your professional growth, we want you to develop and build your long-term career with us.
- The opportunity to work alongside brilliant people, because this isn't something that every organisation can offer!
On top of that, we also offer all the standard stuff, like
- 247.5 hours holiday (including bank holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Discounted home insurance for you, your friends and your family
- Pension contribution
- Retail discounts
- Free fruit
- In-house wellbeing programme and portal
Have we captured your imagination? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Avantia Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits. Therefore applications are welcome from anyone who meets the above knowledge, skills and experience criteria and has the right to work in the UK.