The ASC cannot operate without keeping up-to-date (public) records of certification statuses and audit data. To do this we are constantly developing and maintaining multiple overlapping systems. We work with online platforms hosted by external software companies but the ASC is also developing new systems in-house.
The data specialist we are looking for would ideally be based in the Netherlands or in the UK. You will be an IT generalist with strong technical skills as well as strong communication skills. Someone who can translate business needs into IT requirements and who explain technical details clearly to the non-technical. Someone who enjoys creating the specifications for a new form on our platform, bug fixing something that came up in a script you wrote earlier, tweaking a view in SQLServer as requested by the GIS coordinator before going into a meeting 3rd party stakeholders about a large new data exchange project.
The ASC data team is always working on several projects large and small and the data specialist we are looking for can keep up with all of them while always keeping an eye on the bigger picture to ensure interoperability between all our systems and does so accurately, proactively and with a good sense of humour.
• Working on multiple projects in multiple environments, always able to offer the best technical advice
• Development and maintenance of the data infrastructure
• Ensuring continued interoperability between systems
• Protecting data quality
• Addressing ad-hoc data needs
• Providing support for internal and external stakeholders
• Solving critical issues in a timely manner
• Excellent data skills
• Good knowledge of SQL
• Good knowledge of Python
• Knowledge of PHP/JS is a plus
Required skills and experience
• Proven, relevant working experience
• Excellent written/spoken English