We are Together
Proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Established in 1974, we employ over 600 colleagues.
A specialist lender offering a range of mortgage and secured loan products to individuals and businesses, who are typically underserved by mainstream lenders. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities which make our customers' financial ambitions accessible.
Over 47 years of successful trading has positioned Together
as a market leader, thanks to a common-sense approach to lending.
Together is a business that never stands still, providing an exciting place to work for individuals who deliver to a high-standard and embrace change.
We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.Job Description
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 plus company bonus and benefitsJob purpose:
As a member of the IT Infrastructure Team, your responsibilities will include development, deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting of Together Moneys hybrid cloud and on premise IT infrastructure. This role works closely with other IT teams to deliver solutions which conform to best practice, being well architected and scalable.Key Accountabilities
Adherence to Change Management, ITIL & Operational standards
Provide out of hours production support as requiredCloud
- Participate in the build, migration, maintenance, and monitoring of cloud infrastructure (Azure & AWS)
- Ensure use of cloud infrastructure follows best practices relating to account provisioning, system settings, monitoring , performance, security and availability
- Assist development teams with production loads and deployments to Azure /AWS and review quality specification and technical design documents
- Participate in service desk support efforts and collaborate with team members and customers to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Assist in diagnosing and addressing issues with current on premise and cloud infrastructure (Servers, VMs, Networking, AD, SaaS implementations)
- Stay current on cloud technologies and best practices and advise on enhancements and opportunities to improve cloud infrastructure and utilisation
- Maintain, administer and co-ordinate vendor support for software and SaaS systems
- Participate in the evaluation of 3rd party SaaS/cloud-based tools
- Provide technical support for all existing and new technology used within the Group
QualificationsEssential Skills and experience
- Provide technical knowledge, expertise and consultancy on infrastructure project work
- Develop and Support the Server, SAN and Desktop infrastructure estate
- Identify areas for improvement within supported systems by the proactive analysis of incident root causes
- Monitor , patch and maintain all environments (VMware & Hyper-V) to ensure agreed system availability, performance and security is maintained
- Act as a technical escalation point for 1st and 2nd line team members in order to resolve incidents and provide resolution
- Work with 3rd party suppliers and support teams to resolve escalated incidents related to the IT estate
- Extensive experience working as a 3rd line/Cloud Engineer
- Experience of working in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Azure & AWS cloud infrastructure, services, and offerings
- Experience monitoring the operational status and performance of servers, virtual machines, production payloads, blob storage, etc.
- Strong understanding of security controls around server and machine access as well as cloud account provisioning and access.
- Experience supporting end users with general troubleshooting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with DevOps Procedures and process and working in an Agile Environment
- Complex problem-solving and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Hyper V & VMware vSphere
- Advanced knowledge of key infrastructure platforms and tools: Active Directory, Exchange 2016, Microsoft Server 2012/2016/2019, Office 365, Linux Sever/Enterprise O/S, and Windows 10 & Apple IOS.
- Experience of MS SharePoint
- Strong working knowledge of Endpoint Configuration Manager/System Centre including Operations and Virtual Machine Manager, & Microsoft Endpoint Management
- Strong knowledge of WAN & LAN networking concepts including: TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS
- Advanced knowledge/experience of IT systems - delivery, maintenance and support
- Strong understanding of ISS, Web Services , Power Shell & Group Policy
- Azure & AWS Certification/MCSE/MCITP/MCVP/VCP Qualifications Preferred
- Results oriented with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Accountable and takes ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to working
- ITIL Qualified
- Experience of Cisco UCS hardware (preferred)
- Experience in the financial services industry would be advantageous
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 24 days holiday plus your Birthday - entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
*please note that all successful applicants will undergo relevant employment reference, financial and criminal record checks.