Alchemy is partnering exclusively with a global service provider in their search for a Desktop & Systems Support Specialist to join their London based team.
You will provide assistance to employees across the firms EMEA office, providing technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology.
Duties of the Desktop & Systems Support Specialist include:
- Supporting the installation, configuration and testing of computer systems, along with ongoing desktop support of laptops and equipment
- Interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve problems
- Assist with maintenance and testing of all network systems, hardware and associated equipment
- Deliver troubleshooting support directly with end users and Information Technology staff
- Partnering with the IT team as needed to determine and resolve problems received from team members
- Helps to train staff on the use of all hardware and software
- Ensure laptops and computers interconnect seamlessly with systems (file servers, email, applications, and admin systems)
- Maintain inventory controls for hardware, software and supplies
- Participate in special projects such as office laptop and equipment moves
- Configure new users in various applications and environments.
Skills and experience:
- 1 Years + experience supporting Windows Operating systems
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing parts as needed on laptops
- Experience in troubleshooting basic network, software, and printing issues
- Ability to support and maintain the following applications, hardware or technologies
- Knowledgeable of; MS Office, Office 365, Antivirus, VPN, Active Directory, Mobile Devices, VOIP Telephony Systems, Copiers and Printers
- Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science, preferable (MCP, MCSA a plus)
- High attention to detail with great time management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to travel as needed