We're looking for a Trade Marketing Manager to develop the marketing strategy and sales promotion of our fantastic Maverick Drinks range (craft spirits) for a network of trade customers with a wide range of needs, and across multiple points of sale. This is predominantly home working, with travel into the London once every couple of weeks. Who we are
Here at Atom Brands and Maverick Drinks (ABM) our philosophy is simple. We make and select liquids that are the best they can possibly be, and package them in a way that's awesome. We don't compromise, we don't cut corners and we don't strive to fill niches or build back from arbitrarily-defined price-points. We build the very best liquids that we can, day-in, day-out - and our people are the key to achieving this.What do we value?
We don't know exactly what the future looks like, but we do know that we have a mission - to create unexpected delight as we help people explore, buy, and enjoy drinks more. We're proud to move quickly and do what's best for business so life here is challenging, dynamic and a lot of fun along the way. Our values aren't your typical list of all that's good in the world - and instead an insight into some of the main things that we value, which distinguish us and make Atom different;
"That all sounds great, but what will I actually be doing?" I hear you ask...
- Humanism for the win! We're all about relationships over prescribed processes, it's how we innovate and move quickly. We're a team made up of small businesses which you're the leader of in your own space - so we're built around Integrity & Respect
- Give a sh*t! A passion for not only what we do but how we do it - making everything your concern and not being constrained by the limitations of a hierarchical structure, which inhibits creativity and inclusiveness.
- Live in Reality. Carve your own path. We're focused on fluidity in our roles, which enables us to encourage growth and movement within our teams of Atom'ers. We don't map out a dictated career pathway for you to follow, we instead respect individuals who embrace complexity and want to explore their capabilities and progress within - by offering unlimited potential.
- Strive for greatness. Be accountable, raise the roof, not the floor.
As well as the above, you'll be a key influence on the Customer Marketing function with planning, implementation and follow-up of channel marketing programs and specific projects as assigned to the Maverick business unit. You'll also;
- Develop a marketing and promotional strategy for an agreed list of 3rd party brands, for each channel (e-commerce, wholesale, grocery, independent retail, RTM and on-trade)
- Manage the marketing budgets for our 3rd party brands and deploy them as a means of meeting our commercial targets with our partners
- Create and manage a suite of sales tools that can be utilised by partner managers to execute and drive brand goals
- Ensure that our products are well-represented online, in store and on shelf with the applicable mechanics needed to drive awareness and trial
- Create digital marketing plans and online campaigns that drive product reviews and awareness, bringing our products to the top of search rankings and in front of more consumer
- Evaluate the return on investment from these marketing activities and assess their commercial viability for future plans., also reporting on data and industry / competitor pricing, activity and trends relating to trade categories
Please apply if you have...
- Support our retail partners with any events and/or activations they run
- Demonstrable experience as an innovative Trade Marketing Manager with the ability to think outside of the box and challenge status Quo, ideally in a similar category and including category development within spirits
- Strong understanding of the eCommerce and digital marketing channels gained from working in an FMCG or similar environment
- Strong commercial understanding and ability to drive sales through marketing
- Excellent time management and organisation skills along with the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and deadlines, with a great eye for detail.
- Highly motivated self starter with the ability to work independently, responsibly, and collaborate with multiple stakeholders - with the commitment to go the extra mile
- Good IT competency, along with ability to produce engaging presentations
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification at Higher Level would be desirable.
This sounds like a bit of me, what do I get in return?
- Superlative communicator with amazing inter-personal skills and a high level of numeracy
It's a fair question in a really competitive market for great talent...
We're all about boundless curiosity, so you'll discover loads of opportunities to spark your creative flair and work along-side unreal talent who all have the same job description, to 'Make Atom Successful.' Trust is at the epicentre of all that we can do, so you'll work in a transparent and honest environment where we have each other's backs, and be free of aging corporate policies and rules.
Life here's about so much more than pay and benefits - you might get a slightly higher salary if you cram onto an expensive, crowded commuter train into the city, but you'll struggle to find a company with the flex, agility and unique-ness that we have. In short, we've got you covered financially but if money is your main driver, we're not for you.
We hate waste in all of it's forms and time is no different, so we're focused on productivity and output rather than when or where you work, or what you wear into the office - you can come in fancy dress for all we care! This means that although we can't promise anything, flexible working options are built into our DNA.
Along with the stuff you get for turning up to work each day (think private healthcare scheme, unlimited annual leave, pension, cycle-2-work, eye care, enhanced maternity & paternity leave, free food, drinks and parking at the office), you'll also get a healthy staff discount on our world-class range (just in case that makes a difference).We don't sit still, and there's a lot more to come... Apply now if you want to join us.