Plum is powered by automation, and acts like an autopilot for your money. You sit at the controls, with smart spending analytics and budgeting tools to help you set your financial destination. Plum gets you there safely, so you don't need to remember things like setting money aside, getting the best deal on household bills.
Plum's making your savings and investments work for you..
Here's what we're trying to tackle
- 11.5m people in the UK have less than £100 in savings
- 90% of UK savings accounts pay less than inflation
- £4bn lost to the loyalty penalty every year
- 2/3 of UK adults say money stress has affected the health or wellbeing of someone they know.
We've Imagined a world where people effortlessly manage their money without having to worry, or even think about it. A world where our users' money has a brain that's configured to automatically reach what is important to them.
And here at Plum, we made it our mission to build that world and we're now ready to make it a reality for Plumsters. We welcome them to our reality! Where their money works for them, and their entire financial journey is easier by an autopilot, controlled by them.
In 4 years, we've grown from 2 co-founders sharing a rusty desk in Soho, to a brilliant, hard-working team of 80+, with offices in London (HQ) and Athens. Now, with more than 1M people already using Plum across the UK, Ireland, France and Spain, we could use a little help and that might be where you come in!The Role
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic PR Lead
As our PR Lead, you'll need to hit the ground running, taking ownership of Plum's PR strategy in Europe, plus press office and media relations during this very exciting period of high growth we're currently enjoying.
Our brand is bold So we need someone with the creativity and spark to bring our narrative to life, in a way that communicates our vision and engages the reader.
You'll form a key part of our energetic, dynamic and supportive marketing team, reporting directly to the Head of Marketing.What You Will Do
Who You Are
- Design and implement an imaginative and impactful PR strategy for Plum.
- Build strong and fruitful relationships with journalists across national, business and consumer press.
- Act as the first point-of-contact for all media requests, speaking articulately on behalf of the company where necessary.
- Work with our brand and product teams to create and distribute a pipeline of creative stories and pitches.
- Get to know our customers and expand our growing community of advocates.
- Train and prepare our leadership team for high-profile media opportunities.
- Write high-quality press materials that comply with financial regulations, including releases and comments that journalists find genuinely interesting.
- Prepare for and respond to any crisis situations with integrity and authority.
- 5+ years professional PR experience in a high-growth environment, either in-agency with relevant clients, or in-house at a start-up/similar company.
- A strategic thinker who looks beyond the obvious and ordinary.
- An excellent communicator, with a good eye for detail.
- A newshound, with a deep understanding of the press and respect for journalists.
- A natural storyteller, ready to think of creative ways to promote our message.
- Owner of a solid black book of contacts in relevant media.
- Able to work effectively cross-team to make things happen, dealing with everyone, from the CEO to our data analysts, product team and engineering.
- Clear interest in and knowledge of fintech/personal finance.
- Language skills and experience in working with PR in languages other than English is preferred.
- A bucketful of challenging problems to solve, so hopefully that's your thing! Our job is to take a complicated, archaic domain and make it simple and accessible to everyone.
- One of the best learning experiences of your life. You'll get to work with extremely smart and capable people, with backgrounds in finance, physics, history, computing, languages and more.
- Competitive pay and company stock options - we are all in this together!
- 25 days holiday a year, excluding bank holidays (33 in total).
- Work from our London or Athens office (almost) whenever you want
- Team trip to secret destinations once a year ✈️
- Free Plum Pro subscription
- Breakfast, fresh fruit (plums obviously), snacks with varying health benefits and great coffee.
- Plants, lots of plants
If you think this sounds like a bit of you, then don't hesitate to get in touch!
Plum's tame humans