Responsible for strategically directing, managing and coordinating activities in a world leading Design Centre (DC), including development of long range goals and objectives. Continually reviews costs, policies and procedures to ensure sound and effective use of resources to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives. Interfaces as a strategic partner with staff, Branded Services Senior Management team and other company management on initiatives and programs.Responsibilities
- Develop effective customer escalation relationships to ensure customer project success for the DC, including financial, schedule, and quality and customer perceptions.
- Work with sector (or regional) Representation to effectively balance customer advocacy and P&L.
- Ensure appropriate personnel development for both technical and leadership development (including site succession planning), including site leadership team.
- Effectively work with all other DCs globally. This includes sharing of best practices, promoting work sharing to balance operational load and achieve regional strategies, and ensuring PLXS-ENG overall success.
- Effectively manage DC P&L including forecasting and planning of revenue and expenses (includes headcount and capital expenditure investments).
- Work with leadership to determine vision and strategic direction, including appropriate support and leadership of corporate initiatives. Create and Drive DC vision and culture and ensure that it corresponds to the overall company mission and vision.
- Accountable to execute on company best people strategy, leaders will focus on evaluating potential, driving succession planning and ensuring that their employees receive the development and coaching required to realize their full potential.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Ensure timely communication of critical information to customer management employees.
- Manage purchasing, shipping, and receiving at the site.
- Occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the business.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required; a Master of Business Administration is preferred.
- Five years of related experience in a leadership role within a relevant industry.
- A minimum of three years of product development, with a preference for project management experiences is required for this position, assuming educational requirements are met.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Understanding of product development methodologies for a wide range of engineering disciplines.
- Must have strong leadership and influencing skills to impact the direction of the Design Center in a way that will inspire all employees.
- Ability to work in a group atmosphere.
- Possess strong team building skills.
- Possess good management skills and knowledge of management principles.
- Possess good organizational, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to handle demanding schedules.
- Possess strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite.