The UK Finance is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting for the Lending Services, Financial Markets ("FM") and Cost Accounting activities of ING Bank NV, London Branch. This role is within the FM Financial Control team and is focussed on supporting the outsourced FM ledger and the local Bank Treasury ("BT") book. The wider team also incorporates local regulatory reporting, and an onshore Global Securities Financing ("GSF") ledger. The outsourced FM ledger covers a range of traded products, which includes fixed income securities, repos, credit derivatives, FX spot and derivatives, credit linked notes, certificates of deposits, and money markets and deposits.Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
The main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Financial Markets and Bank Treasury products
- Review of accounting for Financial Markets trading products
- Production of the analytical review of the outsourced FM/BT ledger activities. This will involve discussions with Product Control, Front Office, and the Global [Finance] Service Centre ("GSC") to obtain the relevant information.
- Monthly review, and challenge, of back reporting from the GSC to ensure service standards are adhered to.
- Support the detailed month-end substantiation of balance sheet accounts to ensure that financial reporting is accurate.
- Assist with the production of the monthly Financial Markets and Bank Treasury Flash Report and commentary (for both the P&L and Balance Sheet.)
- Review and commentary on the liquidity for the outsourced FM/BT ledger (LCR and NSFR) and assist with the consolidation of regional liquidity figures.
- Maintain monthly financial accounts for the Debt Capital Markets business. This will consist of discussions with the business to ensure fee income is accrued where appropriate, and subsequent sign-off and review of the accounts with the business.
- Support for the review and approval of new trading products.
- Ensure all relevant procedure and SOX documentation is kept up to date
- Assist and provide cover for the wider FM Financial Control team
Essential: Qualified AccountantExperience/Knowledge
- Previous experience as an Accountant in a Financial Markets or Banking platform
- Excellent MS Excel Skills
- Knowledge of the Derivatives and FM trading products
- Knowledge of regulatory liquidity reporting (LCR and NSFR)
ING Privacy Notice
- Analytical approach to problem
- Strong inter-personnel skills
- Self driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Highly structured approach to tasks
- In order to operate ING's recruitment process, we will collect and store personal information you provide. Please request the privacy notice if you wish to understand how ING uses and protects this information.