We require a Senior Technical Architect to oversee the hosting migration of one of our client's biggest services (currently in AWS) and subsidiary systems to their managed Modernisation Platform (also in AWS), which uses cloud-native services to support legacy services within the company.
They need to migrate this service in a timely fashion to reduce their technical debt, risk, and to simplify the support work required to keep this service functional. This migration will bring the systems into their strategic hosting platform for legacy services. This migration also marks bringing one of the largest systems they run back in-house.
The post holder will work in the hosting migration team to provide technical leadership and oversight, ensuring that work carried out is in line with the client's technical strategy, principles, and guidance. They will undertake structured analysis of technical issues, translating this into technical designs and plans for the migration. They will work with other teams and suppliers to understand requirements and co-ordinate migration work to ensure continuity of service across this complex landscape. They will propose technical and process changes to simplify and streamline BAU support work to reduce our support costs and time.
A few things you'll be working with:
• Shell scripting (ideally Unix - bash)
• Experience with a DevOps way of working
• CI/CD (GitHub Actions, CircleCI, etc.)
• Collaborate with other technical architects, developers, product managers, delivery managers, as part of a multidisciplinary team and beyond
• Experience of working in agile teams
• Experience of legacy service hosting migrations to public cloud
• Practical working knowledge of modern cloud-first architectures, and how to build applications to take advantage of the opportunities they offer
• Experience of designing technical systems
• Experience of supporting live services
• Experience of leading technical teams
• Experience of translating technical concepts and issues so they can be understood by all stakeholders
• Experience of maintaining relationships and coordinating with external stakeholders/contacts
• Experience of working in a fast-paced team
• Experience in working with other organisations to build relationships and make technical decisions with a large impact
Up to £700 a day, inside IR35 and an initial 6 months.