We're the world's largest theatre company, with 57 iconic venues in the UK, US and Germany, and market-leading ticketing brands selling around 11 million UK tickets in a typical year and looking to grow all areas of product, data and engineering.About the role, the team and how we work:
- Our platform sits on top of a ticket inventory system and integrates with other systems across the entire business to power our event catalogue as well as our purchase flow. Our API sits as a middle layer, pulling in content and configuration, optimising the data for performance and scalability, and presents it back to the UI via both a traditional REST API, and in places, via GraphQL.
- To ensure we build our theme-able websites efficiently, you will use Storybook to follow a component-based approach to web development, using React, Redux and Styled Components for CSS, and a CMS for ease of build and API integration. Our design system is built on top of the very familiar Material UI.
- As a general rule, we utilise NodeJS and Typescript, tending towards serverless technologies where at all possible. As we build new features we implement an event-driven microservice architecture to continuously improve the performance and scalability of the platform.
- We follow a continuous integration (CI) process with aims to move towards continuous deployment (CD) as we increase test coverage and invest further in tooling. For now, this means you will use established CICD pipelines. In time, we will help you to be more involved in our maturing DevOps approach and help you to build your own pipelines, owning your code from development to live.
- We follow a Scrum-based approach and work closely with Product Managers to assist in building user stories and engineers are expected to contribute to backlog refinement and ticket sizing.
Working closely with Product Managers, Product/UX/UI Designers and business stakeholders, your time at Ambassador Theatre Group (ATG) will always be about growing your skills, not just in core back-end or front-end engineering, but also gaining valuable testing and DevOps knowledge.
If you're from either a front-end or back-end background, we'd certainly like to talk as we believe in ways of working and attitude over previous experiences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a stage for everyone. Onstage and off, we hold ourselves accountable for nurturing an inclusive culture.