Would you like to join an organically and fast-growing cyber security software company, taking a lead UI development role for AppCheck, a unique technology centred around automated ethical hacking / penetration testing?
In joining as our Lead Full Stack Developer, you'll take ownership of our UI development from requirement gathering through to hands on build of new features and functionality using full stack Python, React JS, HTML, CSS as well as involvement in UX / UI design and technically leading/mentoring others.
This is a brand-new role for AppCheck, so you'll enjoy excellent autonomy and freedom, while building a small team over time.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity, so we highly recommend you get in touch, and we're happy to answer any questions.The Role:
Who We're Looking For:
- As Lead Full Stack Developer you'll take ownership and deliver key UI services for AppCheck. You'll work closely with our Head of Development, Commercial Director, and Service Desk team to deliver feature requests, bug fixes and to enhance the service.
- Key to the role is strong python web app dev knowledge and a working knowledge of GitLab, Docker and behavioral testing. Even though it's not a must have, we're especially interested if you have a keen interest in information security.
- Day to day you'll develop and design key user-facing features, enhance existing software and designs, ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, collaborate across the business and with customers, validate all user input from the team before submitting to back-end, as well as refactoring legacy systems to modern client side frameworks.
AppCheck & Who We Are:
- Hands on full stack UI development experience is key for this role
- Have you technically led a small team to deliver projects, as well as remaining hands-on with development? That's perfect for us.
- We're looking for a Senior / Lead Developer who is highly organised and with the ability to plan / prioritise and communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation and with customers
- It would also be helpful if you understand asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX, as well as an understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN
- AppCheck is a B2B cyber security software platform developed by industry leading ethical hackers and web application security experts.
- Our technology gives companies the ability scan for and fix security vulnerabilities in their web applications and hosted infrastructure before malicious hackers can find and exploit them.
- As well as offering a unique and powerful technology, AppCheck is an industry leader in web app security research and source of knowledge on preventing malicious hacks and costly security breaches.
- Created in 2014 with 4 people, we've grown to 55 strong with an additional 30 hires planned over the next 12 months. We've grown organically as a result of exceptional commercial success.
- We are 1 of 5 companies globally that do what we do, and the only company based in the UK!
As part of our commitment to information security and our ISO 27001 accreditation, please note that upon acceptance of an employment offer with AppCheck, you will undergo pre-employment checks including criminal record (DBS), employment & references as well as verification of Right to Work in the UK.
*Please apply ASAP as interviews may commence before the closing dates*