Concirrus is at the forefront of digital transformation in the specialty and automotive insurance markets.
Our talented team worked closely with the insurance community to create Quest. Quest is our expertly designed, intuitive, cloud-based digital underwriting platform built upon cutting edge technical architecture. Quest helps the insurance market seamlessly combine complex datasets, and using AI and machine learning, the platform analyses the data to provide insights to transform the way that underwriters select and price risk.
We believe that the key to delivering state-of-the-art insurance in today's connected world is data, and we're continuously evaluating datasets that will add value to our clients.
Concirrus doesn't just want to see the insurance market survive, we believe that with the right tools, the industry could thrive. Customers rely on our team to deliver:
- Class leading datasets to enhance their understanding of real-time risk
- Streamlined data analysis and automated processes
- Cutting edge risk models driven by the latest developments in AI and machine learning to deliver greater efficiencies
- Transparent insights into the behaviours that correlate to claims
- The latest innovations in technology to help them succeed
- All delivered through beautifully designed web applications
Our product suite does the heavy lifting so that our clients can focus their expertise on innovative risk management and pricing.
We're data scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and insurance specialists. We're also guitarists, rally drivers, athletes, art collectors and investors. We're an astonishingly diverse bunch with shared values and this suits the way we work.
With backing from insurance and deep tech investors, and a passionate and driven team based in London, Delhi, Singapore, and the US, we're looking for exceptional people excited by our vision to help us make it happen.The Role
We are currently seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our rapidly expanding London based team.
Developing market leading products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do. Working within our Engineering team, you'll be responsible for crafting high quality, scalable software, taking functional and non-functional requirements and turning them into exceptional software.
Effective communication of your ideas is essential as you'll be interacting with stakeholders throughout the business. You'll need to be able to articulate complex technical details clearly and concisely using non-technical terms.
This role is full of opportunity to innovate, design and create in a fast-paced environment where our focus is functional output and customer value, whilst maintaining a high level of quality within the software that we create.
You will be a well-versed back-end developer, with the ability to solve complex problems with limited guidance and have a high sense of ownership and respect for the code you write and ship.
You believe that doing something twice is enough of a reason to script it for next time. You are an expert in taking a high-level system architecture and translating it into high quality low level designs and implementation approach.
With a strong commercial background in cloud application development, you will understand development best practices and strive to develop strong architectural design and justified technology choices, as well as build beautiful code.
You are an effective communicator with an inquisitive nature and logical mindset. Working with fellow developers, designers and business analysts, you will help shape our product within an agile working environment.
The ability to take initiative is key; at Concirrus you will never be micro-managed as we believe that freedom breeds innovation and productivity. Asking questions is considered a strength and we hold each other accountable to the highest standards.Major Responsibilities
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with the Product Team, and studying system flows and data usage.
- Following the secure software development lifecycle.
- Improving overall system quality by identifying issues and common patterns as well as contributing to our standard operating procedures.
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations, and designing and implementing systems.
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases, and peer reviewing code changes.
- Collaborating with the wider team, sharing ideas, knowledge and technical designs.
- Investigating and using new technologies, programming tools or techniques where relevant.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing written documentation, diagrams, code commends, and having clear code.
- Active involvement in the Agile process and Release process.
- Providing written knowledge transfer material.
- Involvement in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Being knowledgeable of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
- Taking part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours.
- Communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- 5+ years of solid commercial development experience in Java.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, Data structure and Algorithms.
- Knowledge of the Java stack - Spring, Apache libraries and common open source frameworks.
- REST, API design & micro-services with exposure to GraphQL.
- No-SQL Databases such as Mongo DB and Search indexes such as Elastic Search.
- Strong understanding of Linux distributions.
- Security aware at all stages of the development process.
- Comprehensive automated testing experience, continuous integration.
- Able to adopt and understand new technologies and utilise them efficiently.
- Passionate about code quality and readability.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Distributed cloud-based systems, services and architecture.
- AWS or other cloud platforms such as Azure and Google Cloud.
Nice to have:
- Containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Other NoSQL and Geospatial databases experience.
- Lambda architecture with Kafka as well as Storm and Spark.
- Flow based processing using Apache Ni-Fi or Airflow.
- Exposure to big data and advance analytics using Presto DB or similar technologies.
- Use of Jira / Confluence.
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you'll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks...
- Flexible, outcome driven, working environment.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Share option scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- Pension scheme with generously matched contribution.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & Development fund for all employees.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Spacious, modern offices a stone's throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market, and with a pub almost on our doorstep.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks - like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle2Work schemes, plus seasonal flu vaccinations.
- Plus, we're always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or need.
If selected, the interview process will be as follows:
- Online code test (140 mins)
- Technical interview (45 mins)
- Hiring manager interview (45 mins)
- Final round interview with CTO (30 mins)