Head of Digital P.R
This is a linchpin role, the person will need to help shape the future of the agency and its digital offering
along with helping to build the company. Specifically:
- Help launch and define the Digital PR approach within the agency, our service offering and establish key processes for a brand-new Digital PR Team.
- Help attract and win clients with a Digital PR brief
- Own the new business outreach process developing relationships with Digital PR prospects
- Lead the development of proposals for purely Digital PR briefs
- For more general briefs, (where Digital PR services form just a part of the solution) contribute to proposal development and the pitch process
- Grow and develop the Digital PR team acting as line manager and leading the team to success.
- Assess the best digital PR strategy for a client's situation eg: undertake audience and competitor research, identify trends and gather market data to identify content themes and formats
- Ensure Digital PR and link building activities are aligned with client objectives
- Evaluate the client's SEO and identify the role and opportunities for digital PR to improve ranking
- Craft PR campaigns and delivery of them to ensure high quality backlinks driving SEO performance
- Devise campaigns, deploying an appropriate range of tactics such as campaign-based link-building, newsjacking, social media seeding etc, to secure coverage for client brands.
- Oversee the implementation of these campaigns
- Own the outreach process developing relationships with relevant journalists and publications to secure coverage and backlinks achieving client KPIs.
- Evaluate the success of campaigns and report on this to clients.
- Communicate with existing clients and new business prospects to get buy-in on campaign ideas and act as day-to-day Digital PR contact
Must have Marketing Agency experience
- You will have a background in traditional PR, SEO content marketing or outreach.
- Experience working in a Digital PR agency environment managing multiple accounts and campaigns simultaneously. If you have also worked as part of an SEO agency or alongside an SEO team, this would be an advantage
- A team player, willing to share knowledge and discuss approaches and tactics but also able to work independently.
- Experience running campaigns from initial ideation, through managing asset build, promotion, and reporting.
- Demonstrable success winning new business
- Demonstrable success using digital PR to secure backlinks from high authority and relevant websites.
- Able to execute a variety of Digital PR and link-building tactics including campaign-based link building, newsjacking, providing expert comment etc.
- A strong understanding of how Digital PR fits alongside SEO
- A strong understanding of SEO.
- An understanding of PR measurement and key KPIs which define the success of campaigns.
- Cross sector experience
- A passion to grow and manage the Digital PR division
- is a serious opportunity for someone who wants to be recognised for their expertise and head up a rapidly growing Digital PR offering. Our Client has big ambitions. However, we need someone who can 'do the do' while the business grows, lead, train and shape a team and be heavily involved in new business. This person must be a new business self-starter, with great knowledge, experience and contacts