LondonReports to: Head of Global Sales & RevenueCompensation:
Competitive + BenefitsRole Type:
PermanentGenesis is a global software company with a pioneering vision, technical innovation, and team that is changing IT delivery. Permanently. We've just completed our Series B funding round, backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures), Salesforce Ventures, Citi, Illuminate Financial and Tribeca Early Stage Partners and due to growth, we're recruiting now for a Senior Sales Engineer Interested? Read on to find out more.What are we looking for
We are currently recruiting for senior & principal seales engineers to join the Sales team. As part of the Sales team you will working alongside highly talented team members engaged in winning business across the financial markets industry; buyside, sell side and market infrastructure from mid sides firm up to tier 1 . The role will suit a technical and commercially minded individual, focused on exploring client needs and explaining how they can be met by the Genesis platform architecture and devops process. You will be joining the company at an exciting time of rapid expansion and will be able to positively impact the future culture of the company as we grow.How you'll play your part
The experience you'll bring
- Interfacing with client prospects (business sponsors, IT managers, IT architects, senior developers) pre-sales & explaining and demonstrating how the Genesis Platform can be applied to solving their business needs
- Demonstrating example applications that have been built on the Platform - not focusing on the functionality - but to get across the power of the Platform to deliver new financial markets applications by example
- Explaining and demonstrating the development environment and tools for build apps on the Platform (covers data modelling, integration, business event logic, analytics, data distribution to UI and the UI itself (primarily web)
- Explaining the Platform application architecture
- Explaining the project process and life cycles for how applications are built, by Genesis (with requirements input from the client), how the client can do it themselves & how to work collaboratively
- Handle and respond to questions and concerns around hosted infrastructure, security, testing and release processes
- Understanding business requirements (typically working on multiple assignments in parallel), prior to the engagement of a business analyst from the client delivery team
- Distilling the understanding of client context/requirements into short documents and diagrams to communicate those internally and back to the client
- Working with the technical architecture & product development team to help them understand clients requirements (where there are gaps) and input to the solution detailed design
- Create, maintain, enhance collateral (slides, videos, set-up of demo environments ) that make this presales effort more successful - based on the feedback of what works well
- Feedback internally where client requirements expose gaps in the Genesis platform
- Support sales in client discussions, respond to RFPs and create proposals
What a role with Genesis offers
- BA/BSc (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- Proven industry experience in IT systems delivery at least 5 years (senior level) or 10 years (principal level) deep relevant experience within financial markets. Could be a late career senior person seeking a stimulating challenge
- Technical background - have past experience as a developer, architect, or at least an IT delivery role with significant exposure to tech detail include operating systems, development languages, database technology, network technology, devops process and tooling + interest in base technology
- Talent in explaining/communicating technology - excited by technology and thrives on the process of enthusing others about it
- A good understanding of IT practices related to financial applications
- Knowledge of the typical flows and functionality associated with handing business flows in one or more asset types; equities, fixed income, FX, listed future and option, OTC derivatives
- The ability to constructively participate and critique in technical and functional discussions with talented technical architects and lead developers
- Ability to learn thoroughly to understand the technical make up of Genesis platform
- Ability to perform gap analysis ( prior to the engagement of business analysts in customer projects ) - include technical gap analysis
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays.
- Private Healthcare.
- Pension Plan.
- Company Bonus Plan.
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Think you can help us change the FinTech industry? Apply now and we'll be in touch once we've reviewed your CV.
We are only accepting applications from candidates directly. Given application volumes, we do not require approaches or CV's from recruitment agencies.
Genesis - Code Less, Do MoreAbout Us
We are technology pioneers with a clear purpose of being the Low-Code Application Platform (LCAP) for financial markets - changing IT delivery across the entire industry. We work faster, harder and smarter than the competition so that we can solve some of the biggest and most complex challenges to deliver innovation and digital transformation.
We value every one of our employees and everyone in the company makes a difference. The diversity of our people makes us who we are and we work hard to make everyone feel included, no matter your background. Come join and be part of the Genesis family of pioneers and lets Code Less and Do More!