FPGA's are one of the most crucial elements in many of our subsystems and our FPGA designers undertake the whole of the development process from negotiation of requirements and initial design architecture, through to the formal validation and verification of the design. Many designs have demanding safety requirements so our engineers must be able to rigorously verify their designs and demonstrate this to the Safety Officers. This work is extremely challenging but incredibly rewarding.Responsibilities
- To develop and agree a development plan with the team leader and then take responsibility for following the development plan and requesting assistance as needed.
- To carry out design activities in a team environment with other engineers.
- Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective, easy to manufacture design solutions.
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids.
- Provide support to production as required.
- Trials and integration support as required.
- Provide off-site support as required.
- FPGA Architecture Design and Development (Xilinx, Altera, VHDL, Verilog).
- Familiarity/Appreciation of D0-254/SIL1 Designs
- Digital and Analogue Electronic Design
- Robust Electronic Engineering Skills and ability.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive "can-do" mentality
- Microsoft Office Suite Experience
- This vacancy also requires the individual to be able to obtain full Security Clearance (SC). For more information and guidance please visit the UKSV website
- Excellent compensation package inclusive of competitive salary, pension & 22 days holiday plus UK bank holidays
- Bonus and stock options package
- Career development training opportunities (in-house & external)
- FitBit upon successful completion of probation
- Cycle to Work and Employee Referral schemes
- Daily fruit, snacks and drinks provided
- 24/7 access to discount platform across 900 retailers
- 24/7 access to the Well-being Centre and Employee Assistance Hotline