Fitch Solutions provides data, research and analytics that help clients excel at managing their credit risk, offer deep insight into the debt investment market, and provide comprehensive intelligence about the macroeconomic environment. All available on our platform, Fitch Connect, designed and built using our credit, macro and industry expertise to help you make more informed decisions.
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey. Title: Account Manager (Europe) Location: London, UK Role Purpose
This Account Manager role is focused on managing a book of business for our Country Risk & Industry Research and Credit Research clients
. You will be expected to set and drive the account strategy to increase revenue for your book of business* by renewing, upgrading, and cross selling into the client base such as financial institutions, corporates, consultants and law firms.
This client-facing role requires in person (when possible) and virtual client meetings and telephone contact to service users/subscribers, identify new opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling within the portfolio of existing accounts. The successful candidate will be responsible for the total client experience, from client on-boarding and quarterly/mid-year reviews, contract negotiations, commercial discussions to renewal. Account Managers are involved with client interaction to drive usage and engagement, building relationships with clients and prospecting for new business within the client organisations. Ability to build and foster internal relationships with Fitch Solutions Analysts, Marketing, Legal and Product teams will also be required.
This is a direct sale, target-based performance position offering base salary and commission.Key Accountabilities
Skills And Professional Experience
- Working in partnership with assigned Sales Specialists for Cross-Sell opportunities.
- Key point of contact for the client portfolio and required to build long-term relationships with end-users and business stakeholders in the accounts. Ability to form clear account plans to strategically grow your book of business.
- Network within the sector to build stakeholder knowledge and engagement.
- Arrange analyst engagement with CR&IR and Credit Analysts.
- Identify new relevant departments, users and decision makers within a portfolio and target potential upgrades by up-selling and cross-selling other products (Rating Data Feeds and Financial Fundamental Data).
- Ensure high usage among all subscribers through 'high touch' engagement plans and user training.
- Must learn and have intricate knowledge of the Fitch suite of products and services.
- Responsibility to ensure the highest possible Renewal rate in the portfolio and perform against monthly and quarterly targets. Must highlight and identify any at-risk clients and minimise exposure to cancellation risk
- Book appointments with the intention of conducting client meetings and presenting Fitch Solutions CR&IR and Credit Research services to all users within their accounts.
- Seek referrals from existing users to expand reach.
- Identify opportunities for Fitch Solutions to partner or present at industry events.
- Build account plans that are to be kept up to date on a regular basis.
- Implement high touch engagement programs to ensure the customer experience is good and that Fitch Solutions CR&IR revenues are retained.
- Write sales / renewal proposals for commercial evaluation, agreeing on and implementing Service Level Agreements.
- Ability to translate subscription usage data into a business case for clients at renewal.
- Produce weekly forecast and pipeline reports.
- Maintain up-to-date client records using a variety of internal systems and using Excel, Outlook, and Salesforce.com.
- Significant experience required in Account Management & Planning with a focus on Country Risk & Industry Research and Credit Research.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed an annual net sales target, including renewal and upsell targets and analyst engagement.
- An understanding of/and interest in factors influencing international business and world affairs, particular an understanding of economics/ financial/capital markets.
- Experience in uncovering client's requirements, communicating and articulating solutions to clients.
- Proven ability in pitching and negotiating effectively at different levels of seniority.
- You must be self-motivated and able to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative, tenacity and perseverance.
- Experience of building and maintaining a strong Cross-Sell and Up-Sell pipeline within existing financial and non-financial clients like corporates, consultants and law firms.
- Maintain a high level of business activity, evidenced through tracking in our CRM, which includes frequency of client/prospect meetings, new proposals and other activities. Evidence of achieve non-sales KPIs.
- University graduate, preferably with a degree in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent sales experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills. Knowledge of CRM systems, ideally Salesforce.com.
- Other European languages as an advantage.
- Books of Business may change from time to time as required by the company
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: | |
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.